Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not understand how people can watch the same TV series twice?

(89 Posts)
Oxxies Wed 17-May-17 20:44:56

DD is 19 and has Netflix. She is rewatching a TV series, is that the done thing now? How boring... You know what happens!? AIBU?

toffeeboffin Wed 17-May-17 20:45:48

The only thing I've watched twice is the Sopranos.

Whiskwarrior Wed 17-May-17 20:45:56

I've watched lots of things again. It's normal, has been for years.

I read books over and over too.

iklboo Wed 17-May-17 20:46:21

Sometimes you miss things the first time round.

SylviaPoe Wed 17-May-17 20:47:08

A series is not just about the plot though.

Bubblesagain Wed 17-May-17 20:47:14

I rewatch lots of movies and tv shows, if it's interesting or fun I don't get bored rewatching it. I've watched lost a ridiculous amount of times blush

PlymouthMaid1 Wed 17-May-17 20:47:21

I can watch Outlander over and over.

CaveMum Wed 17-May-17 20:47:22

It's not a new thing. I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Buffy and The West Wing grin

SylviaPoe Wed 17-May-17 20:47:46

What if you love the characters, or the music, or cinematography?

Hassled Wed 17-May-17 20:47:49

You've obviously never watched the West Wing. I have watched the series more times than I can possibly admit. And lots of series improve with re-watching, in the same way that sometimes re-reading a book you pick up on subtleties you missed the first time round. I'm a big fan of re-watching. I got more out of Breaking Bad the second time round.

SuffolkNWhat Wed 17-May-17 20:48:26

Have you never indulged in Pride and Prejudice curled up on the sofa under a blanket with a cup of tea and the biscuit tin?! It's my go to relaxation time!

FluffyMcCloud Wed 17-May-17 20:48:40

There are many series I have watched more than once! When I am really enjoying a series I will often say to DH "this will be one to rewatch in a couple of years"

I've lost count the number of times I've seen each episode of Friends... grin

CormorantDevouringTime Wed 17-May-17 20:48:42

Oh definitely. I've just done a Buffy, Angel and Blake's Seven rewatch, loads of us on the Line Of Duty threads rewatched the earlier series, while watching Series 4 to see how it all hung together, and I'm weighing up whether I've got time to rewatch GOT series 1-6 before series 7 starts. The best shows repay rewatching and you get more out of them knowing what's to come. I don't rewatch over and over again repeatedly in quick succession like my teenager does though.

GeillisTheWitch Wed 17-May-17 20:49:21

I'm rewatching Buffy since its being shown from the beginning again. It's like a cosy old jumper and I love seeing all the characters again. Do you never watch a film or read a book more than once? That's weird to me.

SylviaPoe Wed 17-May-17 20:49:45

Also there's the joy of rewatching in the company of someone you've just introduced the show to.

Whiskwarrior Wed 17-May-17 20:50:26

Buffy/Angel. Firefly. Heroes.

Gearing up to another go round with Battlestar Galactica too.

DD has watched Once Upon A Time more than once.

PoleStarOnce Wed 17-May-17 20:50:50

Another one who has watched the West Wing several times. You can never have too much of Josh Lyman. I will rewatch all of The Wire one day too, as I am sure I missed half of what was going on first time around.

harderandharder2breathe Wed 17-May-17 20:50:50

I love rewatching my favourite tv shows! Always have.

BitchQueen90 Wed 17-May-17 20:50:53

I've re watched Buffy a ridiculous amount of times. I still love it every time I watch it.

Oxxies Wed 17-May-17 20:51:22

Yeah, but she has just finished it and then started from the beginning. No time in the middle, no watching with someone who hasn't seen it... That's different.

Coloursthatweremyjoy Wed 17-May-17 20:51:46

I suppose that's the point of box sets really. I could quite happily watch Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes again and again even though I know what's going on. Mind you, I reread books as well. Watching or reading something when you know where it's going gives a whole new perspective.

I read The Lord of the Rings, then I read it again, then I read The Silmarillion and then read it again. MIND BLOWN! Then again, I'm a complete and unashamed geeksmile)

Whiskwarrior Wed 17-May-17 20:52:15

She obviously really enjoyed it then!

Stiddleficks Wed 17-May-17 20:52:15

I rewatch most things that I enjoy, same with books, I have lost count of how many times I've reread some of them!

PatMullins Wed 17-May-17 20:53:16

Excuse me, rewatching all 208 episodes of TOWIE over here grin

SylviaPoe Wed 17-May-17 20:53:46

DD will watch Les Miss multiple times in a week.

US Shameless gets repeated a lot too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now