Talk

Advanced search

AIBU DH has lied by omission...

(143 Posts)
Fartootiredtobeawake Wed 17-May-17 20:43:36

A bit of background first, DH and I have been together since Uni, for 20 years, we have one DD toddler (3 years old).

Today when we went shopping and were browsing the aisles, DH picked up MARMITE and said 'ooh, I fancy getting this and having it in toast'. I flipping hate the stuff, in 20 years he has never eaten the stuff, that I am aware and now sudden he wants it. I told him I feel betrayed that he never told me he eats this, and worse of all he gave some to DD who also ate it.

Should I LTB?

Reow Wed 17-May-17 20:45:54

YABU. It's the nectar of the gods.

I'll have him. My DP hates it. Swap?

gamerchick Wed 17-May-17 20:46:57

I'm with you, marmite is ruddy rank. I really wanted to like it as well.

TheWhiteRoseOfYork Wed 17-May-17 20:51:12

YABU. It's the nectar of the gods.

More like wasp spunk. YANBU kick his arse out, don't let him introduce it to your DD. I have been making Marmite on toast for my DC since my DH 'let them try it'. I bloody hate the stuff!

StandardNameHere Wed 17-May-17 20:52:43

In his defence, I suddenly decided one day that I fancied it, now I like (probably wouldn't say love)
I hated the stuff for 30+ years before that

I honestly don't know how you can stay so calm when he's revealed such a disgusting habit - and exposing a small child at this means she may well grow up an addict.

Stop wasting your time on here and start packing his bags.

BossyBitch Wed 17-May-17 20:55:46

Marmite is the secret ingredient in my potion of eternal youth.

Mummmy2017 Wed 17-May-17 20:56:02

OMG how much do i love Marmine,,,,, don't buy it often, but when I do I have it for breakfast everyday till jar is gone...

Don't kiss the sod after he has eaten some, you won't like it...

Now honey, that is so rank,,,,,,,

Tippytappytoes Wed 17-May-17 20:57:14

Marmite on toast with scrambled eggs on top is my comfort breakfast.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Wed 17-May-17 20:57:47

Marmite? I can take it or leave it tbh. grin

Ethylred Wed 17-May-17 20:58:17

Yes marmite is a complete betrayal. The US government revokes your passport for "the wilful feeding of marmite to a US citizen, the latter being not of age", it's in their constitution I think.

happypoobum Wed 17-May-17 21:00:38

Well this kind of behaviour clearly isn't what you signed up for, and now he is involving your child FFS!!!

Have you considered counselling?

Believeitornot Wed 17-May-17 21:01:38

Yabu

That is all

SmilingButClueless Wed 17-May-17 21:02:18

Meh. Can't get excited about someone concealing their liking for Marmite.

If he'd bought Vegemite, however, that would have been a resounding LTB. That stuff is rank and has no place in a decent home corrupting children.

Fartootiredtobeawake Wed 17-May-17 21:03:19

Sorry for delaying in answering I was just packing his bags.

He also asked me if I would just out some toast and then put butter and marmite on it for him. WTF.

Verticalvenetianblinds Wed 17-May-17 21:04:12

Yanbu. Bovril is the only worthy spread on toast.

Fartootiredtobeawake Wed 17-May-17 21:04:38

If only he was honest from the start, and now involving DD too.

I think I will need counselling.

Pigface1 Wed 17-May-17 21:04:48

How could he. After all these years. The bloody pervert.

JumpingJellybeanz Wed 17-May-17 21:04:58

Eeewwww that's disgusting. What if he breathes on you? Deffo LTB and his minging marmite.

Valentine2 Wed 17-May-17 21:07:40

I don't think you can come back from this. Why waste more money and time on this twat? LTB.

ChrisPrattsFace Wed 17-May-17 21:12:09

Your entire relationship is based on a lie. LTB, hang his washing on the line and leave for days at a time and then argue with the MIL about it,

Hassled Wed 17-May-17 21:12:28

I start my day, pretty much every day, with a slice of toast with peanut butter and then marmite on top. At weekends I go crazy and have peanut butter and jam. I love marmite.

DH claims to hate Marmite but to love Vegemite. There is virtually no difference in taste - it is the most pretentious, wanky thing about the man and it winds me up no end.

BlessYourCottonSocks Wed 17-May-17 21:13:42

Men are odd, aren't they? My DH said a while ago 'you never buy beetroot' and I gave him an odd look and said, 'Nope. I don't like it - why would I buy it?' and he then said, 'I love beetroot'.

This is a man who does a big supermarket shop with me every couple of weeks or so. In 20 odd years of marriage he has never put beetroot in the trolley...or voiced an opinion on beetroot.

How am I supposed to know he would like me to buy some?

BattleaxeGalactica Wed 17-May-17 21:14:00

I'd be pissed off too at him introducing DC to Marmite too, OP.

All the Marmite in the house is for meeeeee <wails>

TipTop333 Wed 17-May-17 21:14:22

LTB.

Not because he likes marmite, the ultimate toast topper, but because he felt it a shameful secret and he had to hide it for 20 years. What else is he hiding from you? Does he secretly prefer UHT milk or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now