Talk

Advanced search

To be in PJs and hoodie when Ocado driver comes?

(18 Posts)
Straightouttabrompton Wed 17-May-17 17:53:13

I have make up on absurdly, hair brushed - but I'm in flowery PJ bottoms and a pink hoodie. Change or no?

cupcake007 Wed 17-May-17 17:53:44

No way! They've seen a lot worse. X

NavyandWhite Wed 17-May-17 17:53:52

No! It's fine.

eddiemairswife Wed 17-May-17 17:55:47

So long as the bottoms aren't transparent!

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Wed 17-May-17 17:56:52

Pj's are fine for asda but not for ocadoshock

justkeepswimmingg Wed 17-May-17 17:57:12

Hell no. Tesco delivery drivers have seen me worse. It's basically part of their job description to be prepared for us lot grin.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Wed 17-May-17 17:57:29

Ha I actually make sure the house and I are immaculate for Waitrose man.

HoldBackTheRain Wed 17-May-17 17:58:28

Switch to Tesco. They've never seen me in make up, rarely see me with my hair brushed and nearly always see me in my PJ's and they never bat an eylid. In fact they are all really lovely (maybe they just pity me ha ha)

BeyondThePage Wed 17-May-17 17:59:22

One memorable Ocado delivery I still had my boob out from feeding DD- was in that "funk" of night feeding - didn't even notice till after. blush PJs and a hoody would be fine!

AutumnalLeaves38 Wed 17-May-17 18:01:39

You: <fake coughing/ feigning croaky voice>

"Oh, hello, Ocado Driver...sorry about the outfit...been really ill"

<another fake cough>

Sorted!

Skyllo30 Wed 17-May-17 18:03:24

Sounds fine! I work shifts so occasionally answer the door to the postman at 2pm post night shifts in a dressing gown and nothing else, having clearly been woken up.

AutumnalLeaves38 Wed 17-May-17 18:04:37

Oh, and it being an Ocado delivery, they might chuck in some bonus sympathy asparagus. Win win.

MudCity Wed 17-May-17 18:05:54

That sounds positively well-dressed to me. I'm sure our postman thinks I work nights given my attire!

Sionella Wed 17-May-17 18:08:00

What?!

I once opened the door to mine in a towel and ridiculously sexy shiny red Stuart weitzman patent stilettos. I couldn't resist trying my new shoes on after a bath and thought he was my flat mate coming back after a run sadblushconfused

AutumnalLeaves38 Wed 17-May-17 18:20:18

^^ PPs grin

Unexpected meter reader almost fled, poor sod, when I opened the door in bright green seaweed face mask and clingfilm-wrapped hot oil treatment hair.

And clothes. Obviously.

grassalwayslooksgreener Wed 17-May-17 18:22:07

Our bin man asked me if I worked nights cos I was always always rushing the bin out on a Monday morning, was slightly embarrassing to say "no I'm just lazy" grin

VioletBow Wed 17-May-17 18:26:08

@grassalwayslooksgreener that's me too grin
I'm now very thankful a friend of a friend happens to be one of my bin men and now texts me to let me know when he is in the street before mine as I'm terrible at remembering to put them out

melj1213 Wed 17-May-17 19:01:46

YANBU to answer the door like that

YABU to assume the delivery driver cares enough to judge what you wear.

I work for a supermarket that does home delivery and unless a customer opened the door in a 7ft bunny suit or nothing at all (aka something extremely out of the norm), they barely notice nor do they care. So you're wearing flowery leggings/casual trousers and a hoodie ... how is that in any way unreasonable ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now