Talk

Advanced search

Please help with weight loss!

(13 Posts)
changingmylifecompletely28489 Wed 17-May-17 16:27:45

Posted here for traffic, sorry. Hoping to create a useful thread for everyone who struggles to lose weight.

I've been skinny once, however I am still a size 8 (have no clue how I still fit in my clothes), but need to lose about 8 kg, if not 10.

What I've been doing so far: TRYING to go workout, not always go because I find excuses such as: I just came home from work, I'm exhausted. Cutting the sugary treats (that works, I eat fruit when I just can't refrain myself), cutting bread (this works too) & drinking 2l of water daily

Please give me advice on emotional eating, motivation (what do you say to yourself???) & quick ideas for snacking when you're craving restricted foods. Also, what are your fast main meals?

Thanks peeps flowers

percyluka Wed 17-May-17 16:29:37

I was actually just about to start a thread - Thank you!

I am a size 16 - I have PCOS so it is harder for me to loose weight.

Looking for tips as struggling

Thanks xx

UAEMum Wed 17-May-17 16:35:39

I have been prescribed saxenda, a daily injection which stops hunger by slowing down digestion and also increases the body's sensitivity to insulin. I was pre diabetic. I have lost 14kg in 7 weeks so far.

specialsubject Wed 17-May-17 16:38:21

do you actually need to lose weight?

labels in knickers are random. What is your BMI? Are you in good health?

if it is your head that is the problem, stay well away from diet books, sites, nasty diet food and stupid sleb blogs.

Kennethnoisewater Wed 17-May-17 16:38:30

I think it's pretty irresponsible to be offering anyone who is a size 8 tips on how to lose 10kg.....

UrethaFranklin Wed 17-May-17 16:47:02

10kg is almost 2 stone... so you are a size 8 and want to lose 2 more stone? That seems like an awful lot and possibly not healthy, how heavy are you now?

changingmylifecompletely28489 Wed 17-May-17 18:20:28

Thanks everyone!

I'm only 1.55 and weigh 58 kg.... I am a bit overweight though I do realise I do not have a weight problem. Not looking for "miracle diets". I am not dieting, I am trying to eat healthy and workout.

Just looking for the motivation to do it...

changingmylifecompletely28489 Wed 17-May-17 18:21:36

I believe my BMI is fine, and body fat is around 25%. I have PCOS too, and a lot of fat stored around my middle/waist. Waist is almost 80 cm, that can't be healthy surely

specialsubject Wed 17-May-17 18:57:11

I'll have to do sums to convert that but if your bmi is fine, no issue. Ditto your body fat.

While knicker labels have no standard, it is difficult to be overweight and a size 8. 10kg is a lot to lose, I agree it sounds unlikely you need to do that.

Crunchymum Wed 17-May-17 19:00:30

So you are 5ft 1in and a bit over 9st?

Def no need to lose an extra 2st.

I am your height and my goal weight is what you weigh now blush

changingmylifecompletely28489 Thu 18-May-17 05:02:07

I actually start thinking you might be right. I had a look at pics when I weighed -10 and it was definitely too much. I still believe I need to lose 2-3 kg to feel better in my own skin though.

So, if you have any tips of healthy snacks and meals please share :-) also, me wanting to workout and asking for motivation mantras does not mean I want to be anorexic. Means I want to be healthy. Thanks!

TheoriginalLEM Thu 18-May-17 05:37:19

You do not need to lose that much and for tgat reason i think you will struggle. I need to lose a further 3 stone (have lost two since January ) so i find it quite upsetting when someone BELOW my target weight is wanting to lose so much weight. 10kg weight loss has made me lose two dress sizes so it might actually make you too thin.

I use my fitness pal app. Its free and its easy to follow. You put in your weight, height etc and your target and it tells you how many calories to have. The key for me has been exercise, its bloody hard - i work 40 hours + over 4 days so i appreciate not being able to find time.

I run but have hurt my back so just walking at present. Dr says i can re start in a week or so.

Do you drive to work? could you cycle? walk? park as few streets away? go for a walk in your lunch break? Im "lucky" as i work a fairly active on my feet all day job. Id struggle im sure if i eere office based.

I am going to buy a fit bit or similar.

Gallavich Thu 18-May-17 05:47:12

At your current weight you will find it very difficult to lose much weight at all without essentially starving yourself which you should not do.
Be realistic, aim for maybe 2-3 kilos and you might achieve it in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now