Talk

Advanced search

The Black Bin Bag Thread!!!!!!!!!

(18 Posts)
ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-May-17 15:30:13

My laptop has got parental control on it, on account of DCs having access to it.

I don't know how to undo the parental control, as DH can't remember the password to alter the settings.

Anyway.....consequently, I'm frequently blocked from threads, even one's I've sodding well started & commented on, the second certain rude words are typed.

Pleeease can someone one briefly, using child friendly language tell me what on earth the black bags drying on the line were for?

Remember - no swearing or explicit language wink

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-May-17 15:30:53

I thank you, in advance!

FollyFowlFully Wed 17-May-17 15:31:50

Haha that's brilliant. You must have most of MN threads blocked. I've no answer for you but hope someone can help.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 17-May-17 15:32:48

If you're blocked from sweary mumsnet threads, there can't be much left!
Even the "clean" threads will be doomed the moment AF or Chris and your horse turn up

rizlett Wed 17-May-17 15:34:26

We know nothing. grin

Fragglez Wed 17-May-17 15:35:12

No one knows! Op asked, during a very convoluted conversation and was told to go forth and multiply you nosy b itch¡

chickensaresafehere Wed 17-May-17 15:36:54

OP went out when woman was hanging wet,black bin bags on the line.Got in to a casual conversation with her & then asked her what she was doing with said bags & basically(and without swearing) she told her to F.Off.
So we are none the wiser I'm afraid.

LorLorr2 Wed 17-May-17 15:36:56

Unfortunately the answer was not discovered, OP did ask the neighbour in conversation but the reply (keeping things family friendly for your computer) was along the lines of 'fudge off you nosey biscuit!'

Maudlinmaud Wed 17-May-17 15:36:59

Nicely put Fragglez grin

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Wed 17-May-17 15:43:15

I am the op and I still have no idea.
I had a really short conversation about the road near us that floods whenever it rains and how we had to walk to a long way round to school. She asked which school my children go to (I think because it was an unusual route to walk to get to the local schools), she told me where her daughter went to school and I asked if the bin bags were for making costumes (because they were known for doing a lot of plays etc. st that school. It was also the only way I could think of shoehorning it in.
She told me to eff off!

Keeping my distance now as we hope to sell soon and don't want a neighbour dispute.
A lot of people think it is related to w eed (trying not to get this thead locked for you) and as we smell it a lot I think they might well be right.

YetAnotherSpartacus Wed 17-May-17 16:03:17

Ha! I think I was the first one to raise suspicion re herbs!

SparklyUnicornPoo Wed 17-May-17 16:04:18

grin I love 'fudge off you nosey biscuit!'

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-May-17 16:25:39

Ha ha thanks everyone!

This thread is almost as funny as the original, which I haven't been able to read for daysgrin.

I've currently got about 5 on the go that I can't access. I usually just think Ah well, that was good while it lasted and then wonder how the OP is getting on.

Couldn't let this one fade out into oblivion though...and after all that, no satisfactory conclusion - hmm. Feel cheated, and it's not even my thread!

Keira how awkward!

Breakfast -Yy. I think AF only has to think about logging on to mn & my whole laptop seizes up and comes out in hives! grin

LorLorr & Fragglez - how resourceful you are!

Thanks everyone! Pleeease if you do manage to solve this mystery, will you hunt me out & let me know, Keira?

I'm sure you'll not be too busy, what with moving house & all wink!

(Although I suspect we'll all be forever in the dark.) sad

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-May-17 16:27:28

Fudge off you nosey biscuit - can this go down on record as a classic mn response?

Just putting that before the mn jury! grin

Devorak Wed 17-May-17 16:32:01

What operating system do you use? Multiple user accounts would be a sensible idea meaning you can see all the sweary stuff while limiting your DC's access.

<Missing the point of the thread, I know.

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 17-May-17 18:03:00

Ah thanks Devorak.

Microsoft Windows??? Is that even an appropriate answer? I don't know which one, though blush

I'm an IT incompetent!

I was allowed to comment on the oral s e x thread earlier, but then once I tried to get back on it, the parent blocker message came up and that was that.

Think I've got a virus, too, as ironically I get the occasional risque photo randomly popping up (so to speak wink), and it doesn't seem to have a problem with those hmm - in fact, I can't get rid of those images for love nor money.

Ridiculous situation meaning that the DCs are now banned from laptop anyway, but still can't have all the sweary threads, just the dodgy photos angry.

Thanks for trying to help smile

Devorak Thu 18-May-17 03:40:32

No problem.

If you want more help:

Press the Windows key (usually third-from-left, bottom row) and R at the same time. Type winver and press enter.

Tell me what version / OS you have and I'll give you some quick instructions for creating an adult account and a child's account.

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Thu 18-May-17 06:51:20

Thank you.

I'll check which version & post later.

This'll be great, cause I'm currently off sick & can't move much...as you can imagine I'm hammering mn (or as I like to call it doing mn work wink) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now