Talk

Advanced search

Any teachers? Interview Help!

(5 Posts)
Wannabe2017 Wed 17-May-17 15:02:12

(NCd) AIBU to ask you lovely MNers to help me with a job task and interview?

I've applied for a TA position in a school supporting KS2 children.

I've been asked to do a 10 minute activity with a group of yr 3 children using key words (none specified) and promoting literacy. I was told by a member of staff during a visit they want someone who can do read, write inc so I want to incorporate that into my activity.

Any ideas? I have a few, but I really want this job and need some experienced views!

Also any hints to succeed during interview! It's something I'm terrible at!

Wannabe2017 Wed 17-May-17 15:32:25

Anyone? smile

Scroobius Wed 17-May-17 15:41:26

I don't do Read, Write with my year 3s but if it were me I would choose key words from the national curriculum year 3 spelling words to show I know the curriculum.
The Read, Write activities that I can remember in KS1 are
Fred talking the word to help with spelling of the phonemes,
hold a sentence; so you dictate a sentence with the word in (and usually target punctuation) for them,
correct a sentence (with spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes)
and build a sentence; they use the key words in their own sentence.
It is pretty boring though and I'm not sure it's the same in KS2.

NaomiCole Wed 17-May-17 15:54:45

Here are the key words for year 3 & 4.

m.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t2-e-2064-new-curriculum-spelling-list-years-3-and-4-word-mat

RWI is very much about 'pure' sounds - not shwaring on the end eg don't say 'duh' for /d/ just bounce on the pure sound without the -uh on the end. This is the way it should sound :

youtu.be/OcWbkbDx7pA

Hope that helps, good luck. X

Confusedposter Wed 17-May-17 15:55:36

Are you familiar with RWI? You could run through all the letter sounds, then maybe concentrate on just one such as ee or ea. Do some blending, use fred fingers and some whiteboard work and get them to generate some words. 10 minutes will fly by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now