Talk

Advanced search

To ring in sick?

(3 Posts)
DreamingOfPalmTrees Wed 17-May-17 14:20:48

I can't deal with another day at work like this. I'm currently alone in my office, doing the job of 4 people alone with no support. This is the third day it's been like this. I feel so stressed, I have no support, my manager is awful and just don't feel I'm able to do my job feeling like this.
Would I be U to ring in sick tomorrow- I feel completely anxious and sick at the thought it's only Wednesday?
There are other contributing factors that I think might be a bit too outing to say - all work related.
I've never been off sick because of stress or anxiety before and part of me feels maybe I should just suck it up and shut up but I feel so down and anxious about coming to work, I don't know what to do.

LostSight Wed 17-May-17 14:29:04

Is it a small company, or might you be able to talk to HR?

If it's making you ill, then perhaps you do need to take time off. But unless the situation is temporary, you need to try to do something to resolve the issues in the longer term.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

lizzieoak Wed 17-May-17 14:45:51

Sometimes we just need a day off. Maybe rest up in the morning and try to have a think about how to move forward in the afternoon? And book an appointment w your gp to talk about anxiety?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now