Talk

Advanced search

School locker drama!

(3 Posts)
LovelyBath77 Wed 17-May-17 09:58:33

Ds (12) came home yesterday, drama with his locker, yesterday he couldn't get in. Not even with the help of the master key- then went he went in again the locker door was off and no bags, he checked the lost property and none there. All his school books were in his bag.

So I emailed the school and after a search the bags turned up with a note from another caretaker saying there was too much stuff in the locker which had broken the lock. I'm glad his stuff is found as he needs his bags and has tests this week.

he only had his school bag and sports kit in there though. Not sure what to suggest, maybe he takes the bags home - but thought that was the point of the lockers tbh.

He got 'grilled' by his tutor he said, and I kind of feel, well, shouldn't they have lockers which work and take two bags.

AIBU, also anyone else had this and what do you do, take the bags home? We paid, I'm not sure, over £30 for this locker hire. I think.

BackforGood Wed 17-May-17 21:22:09

Yes, YABU. They try to give as many pupils as they can a locker. That means they aren't enormous 'left luggage' lockers like you get at some international stations, then are small thin lockers they can leave some stuff in to save heaving it around all day. There is never going to be room for 2 bags of stuff in them. If he has broken them, are you paying for the repair ?

Not sure what to suggest, maybe he takes the bags home

Er, yes. Doesn't he need them for homework ? confused

LovelyBath77 Wed 17-May-17 21:26:22

The school has apologised and is sorting out the repair, he doesn't need the books home as homework is online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now