Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To spend £500 or not

(5 Posts)
NorthernLurker Tue 16-May-17 19:46:03

Just wondering what mnet thinks though tbh I won't be changing my mind.....

I posted a few months ago about the pheasant and roof bar incident in which the pheasant took off my roof bar as it's last act. This left two small chips in the groove of the bars that the roof rack fitting sits in. They aren't big but obviously it's not as designed.

We are already down £200 for new bars as the knackered one is mia. Two garages have said don't bother replacing it. We have a quote for £500. If the garages that say no need are right then we'd be up £500. If they are wrong we'd have the money but be minus luggage, a bike plus of course whatever damage that did to other cars as it came off. It's a lease car btw so am supposed to return it with no damage. I doubt anybody would notice though. It's really not very obvious.

So just for fun who would spend the £500?

We can afford it btw though obviously don't exactly have it lying spare!

CrispyBathTowel Tue 16-May-17 19:49:25

No I probably wouldn't but I couldn't afford £500 at the moment. If I could easily afford it then probably yes. But as 2 garages have said don't bother and it isn't noticeable I could easily be persuaded to leave it as it is.

Floggingmolly Tue 16-May-17 19:52:00

Are the garages saying there's no need to replace because they're safe? Why are you still concerned about your stuff falling off?

NorthernLurker Tue 16-May-17 19:53:30

Yes they are saying they think the fixings will still work ok. But they have no basis for that other than natural Yorkshire reluctance to part with brass even when it isn't theirs smile

Floggingmolly Tue 16-May-17 19:55:04

Ah! Tbh, I'd take them straight their word and leave it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now