(89 Posts)
RadgePacket Tue 16-May-17 17:55:17

Would you still expect to have it?

Wolfiefan Tue 16-May-17 17:55:49

Not a chance!

RainbowsAndUnicorn Tue 16-May-17 17:56:16

No.

Shurleyshummishtake Tue 16-May-17 17:56:32

People turn up late for GP appointments all the time then get annoyed when they are told they can't be seen

NashvilleQueen Tue 16-May-17 17:56:55

Depends if I'd phoned ahead with a genuine reason and how busy they were. I wouldn't 'expect' though.

lionsleepstonight Tue 16-May-17 17:56:59

No. Not unless there wasn't anyone else booked in for the time my app required.

StillHungryy Tue 16-May-17 17:57:12

Not half an hour but things like doctors around here run generally around 10 minutes late so if I was about 5 minutes late probably

minipie Tue 16-May-17 17:57:15

No. I'd hope it would be so I'd still try - I'd be very apologetic and say I was happy to wait and see if they could squeeze me in later. But I would be prepared for them to say it had gone.

RebelRogue Tue 16-May-17 17:57:59

Nope. Unless i rang and explained and they said I could still be seen/ fit me in if there was an opening.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 16-May-17 17:58:10

Depends on the circumstances of course.

mustiwearabra Tue 16-May-17 17:58:11

Nope

NellieFiveBellies Tue 16-May-17 17:59:00

no i would not.

coldflange Tue 16-May-17 17:59:16

Not necessarily.

However if there was a genuine reason outside of my control AND I had called to keep the company/person informed that I would be late then maybe.

RedSkyAtNight Tue 16-May-17 17:59:19

Depends if that meant you'd missed the appointment time. My GP appointment this morning was running 35 minutes late, so me arriving 30 minutes late would have been ideal! If you'd missed the original appointment time, then definitely not.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 16-May-17 17:59:52

No.

RadgePacket Tue 16-May-17 18:00:11

I had a treatment booked and I arrived on time, the person before me was late and so I was waiting for half an hour, through no fault of my own. I eventually gave up.

I think the GP's is different, I know when I book an appointment at 10 I won't get in at that time. Fine enough, and I don't mind waiting in those circumstances.

PurpleDaisies Tue 16-May-17 18:00:16

It depends. If I was late through no fault of my own and had rung ahead I'd probably expect them to squeeze me in but not be annoyed if they couldn't.

RadgePacket Tue 16-May-17 18:00:41

*Fair enough

FreeSpiritJen Tue 16-May-17 18:00:52

No. I don't expect they would see me. Although I have lost count of the amount of times I have had an appointment (with the doctor, nurse, hospital, dentist, solicitor for example,) and they have made me wait over half an hour after my appointment. Sometimes, well over half an hour!

Pisses me off. It's like they think their time is more important than mine. hmm

anothermalteserplease Tue 16-May-17 18:02:19

That's totally different from you being late. I'd likely leave too and complain about being kept waiting if it was a private appointment I was paying for and not NHS.

MimsyFluff Tue 16-May-17 18:03:01

I told off by the doctors receptionist once! I was a 3 minutes early (was chatting on WhatsApp so times down there and checked the wall clock) she was on the phone turned around at 5 minutes past and said "your late" all snotty I was shock then said "I was 3 minutes early you were on the phone with your back to me" all mater of fact! I now have trouble getting appointments

If I was late I wouldn't expect to stop have an appointment

Believeitornot Tue 16-May-17 18:03:06

You weren't late? So what happened exactly.

RadgePacket Tue 16-May-17 18:05:57

I think with doctors and nurses it's fine because they can only estimate how long they'll be seeing their patient for and they also make call backs between appointments.

Solicitors hmm not so much, paying them £££ and being made to wait for ages is ridiculous.

mikeyssister Tue 16-May-17 18:06:29

I would assume you live in Ireland and yes you'd be seen. As a courtesy you should have rang first though.

ofudginghell Tue 16-May-17 18:06:36

Hairdresser here.
I give clients 10 minutes max. If they are any later and I can't shorten the time of service (wet with with no blo dry instead of cut and blo dry)then I wont keep another person waiting after so will ask the late comer to rebook.
Whether people can help it or not they must understand that I'm not going to rush a service nor am I going to keep the next person late.
I like to get home on time each day aswell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now