Talk

Advanced search

To never invite this annoying little brat round again

(433 Posts)
LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 17:31:44

Dds friend (9) is round for dinner... know she is a fussy fucker but her mum did tell me she eats anything. Cue today Shepard pie , after picking all the peas out of the damn thing she proceeds to sit at the table making super loud ewww, and yuck noises, while moaning she doesn't like it. There are 5 other kids sat round the table ffs.

She had also completely ignored anything my dd has wanted to do and just buggered off with the other kids, keeps just picking my newborn up without asking, moaning to play on my iPad and get the rabbits out when it's pissing down. I could go on I actually had to leave the room while dinner was happening!
Never known anything like it!

OfficerVanHalen Tue 16-May-17 17:35:42

Can you phone her mum or dad and ask them to collect her as she doesn't seem to be having a very good time thanks bye

ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Tue 16-May-17 17:35:44

Yadnbu. Roll on pick up time. I've had similar thoughts over the years.

FurryLittleTwerp Tue 16-May-17 17:37:53

Sounds completely reasonable to not have her again - being rude about the food & grabbing the baby are not acceptable.

HolditFinger Tue 16-May-17 17:40:26

I know it's potentially awkward, but tell the parents about her rude behaviour. If it was my child I'd want to know so I could do something about it.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 16-May-17 17:41:38

How rude. Shes 9 not 3.
She wouldn't be get invited back to mine.

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 17:42:57

I know... I just messaged her mum about the rudeness over the food she just apologised...

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 17:44:28

The mum apologised I mean not the girl, she said to my dd I told your dad I didn't like it as well! confused

NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Tue 16-May-17 17:45:54

As to the food, you can't make someone like Shepherds pie, I certainly don't. Ok, so I wouldn't sit there going yuck but I wouldn't be able to eat it. You should have asked her mother if she likes it.
As for the iPad/rabbit thing, sounds like she was bored.
Big no on the picking up of the baby though, did she keep trying even after she'd been told no?

OfficerVanHalen Tue 16-May-17 17:46:00

I'd be mortified if my dc behaved like this

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 16-May-17 17:47:45

How did she apologize was it half arsed or a mortified I'm gutted my child behaved like that apology.
I damn well hope she's going to give her a good telling off in front of you.
If my mum had a report or a parent that id put one step out of line and been rude after they'd shown me hospitality. I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a month.
Not only for disrespecting but for making a show

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 17:48:24

I did ask her mum if she liked it? Or wouldn't have done it! And she's def not bored there are loads of toys etc and my dd has a tablet.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 16-May-17 17:49:41

Of course you can't make someone like food. If the child doesn't like it. She doesn't like it. That fair enough.
Its the fact that she was rude and obnoxious about it.

Kokusai Tue 16-May-17 17:50:34

She sounds really rude!

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 17:50:40

She said "oh I'm so sorry I've told her about her manners" I would be mortified if my child behaved like that too. It is honestly ridiculous.

MarciaBlaine Tue 16-May-17 17:52:38

My dd (a hugely fussy eater) told the host family she was a vegetarian at about the same age. She didn't make yuk noises when presented with something she didn't like. I was mortified as a. I would have told them up front if this was the case and b. She is not a vegetarian.

fuzzywuzzy Tue 16-May-17 17:53:11

Can you ask her mother to pick her up. Tell her she's mining about the food, refusing to play and keeps picking up your newborn despite being told not to.
Therefore as she's clearly not having a nice time you feel she needs to go home now.

SapphireStrange Tue 16-May-17 17:54:06

As to the food, you can't make someone like Shepherds pie, I certainly don't. Ok, so I wouldn't sit there going yuck but I wouldn't be able to eat it.

Well, the point here is that the child DID say yuck. confused No one is trying to make her like the food, just expecting her not to be fucking rude about it.

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 17:54:36

Yes fair enough if she didn't like it, but don't sit there making stupid animated noises while others are eating! Just been told now that she took my 2 year olds dinner off her and gave it to oh saying she was finished just so she could play with her wtf! I give up.

HappyFlappy Tue 16-May-17 17:58:02

YABVU - the correct etiquette in these situations is to drown the little minger in a bucket!

Or at least send her home and never invite her again.

ArcheryAnnie Tue 16-May-17 17:58:10

It's not disliking the food that's the problem, it's saying "yuck". I wouldn't let my kid say yuck about my own food, let alone when he's a guest at someone else's.

Boredwithmyname Tue 16-May-17 17:59:00

I'm afraid I'd say something passive-aggressive at pick-up like "I'm afraid little Pita didn't seem to be having a good time. I wonder if she's coming down with something?" Then not invite again.

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Tue 16-May-17 18:02:34

I don't think her mum gets it TBH. Though she must know what she's like though. She runs around the house with a high pitched laugh, slides down the stairs on her stomach! And has just walked in my bedroom while partner was getting dressed! She is like peppa pig on fucking speed.

EpoxyResin Tue 16-May-17 18:02:48

I'd tell her mother about picking up the baby without asking after you told her not to as well. I'd want to be having a word or two with my kid if I knew they were picking up someone's tiny baby without even checking with them. Not safe. Not okay.

DailyMailReadersAreThick Tue 16-May-17 18:03:03

little Pita

grin That should replace "Little Johnny" as the stereotypical unnamed kid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now