Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you developed inappropriate crushes in your late 30s?

(17 Posts)
SpunkOnMyEssay Tue 16-May-17 16:13:21

Happily married, but getting crushes like never before and raging libido.

Is it because my body wants me to shag all and sundry as its fertility wanes? Is it because the kids are a bit bigger now and I've got a slight spring in my step (and new hair)? Is it because I've unwittingly turned into Samantha from Sex In The City?

Am I alone in this??

haveacupoftea Tue 16-May-17 16:36:30

Are we talking people in real life or like a Tom Hardy type thing?

Mari50 Tue 16-May-17 16:43:58

My sex drive went a bit haywire when I hit my late 30's and onwards, it's usually around ovulation where I walk around horny as a horn shaped horn. I develop inappropriate crushes on loads of people and would flirt with a door post. Thankfully it's only 25% of the year or I might get in trouble.
I thoroughly enjoy it though!

Areyoufree Tue 16-May-17 16:44:46

I admit nothing.

Tripilates Tue 16-May-17 16:48:15

Yes blush

phoenix1973 Tue 16-May-17 16:48:41

You're not alone! I often think it's like a final hoorah before the ovaries retire.

However, I've always been one for inappropriate crushes and not always blokes. 😄

I'm mid forties now though and sadly most people annoy me. So I think the days of crushes have passed.

EmmapausalBitch Tue 16-May-17 16:56:11

Yes. And like phoenix, I'm now in my mid late 40s and find most people annoying!

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 16-May-17 17:01:14

God yes, we recently got a chap to come and sort out our garden. He is by far the hottest man I've ever had in the house and when he first came to look at it and estimate the time/cost I wanted to lunge at him, groin-first.

Happily married, never even sniffed another man since I met DH. But that gardener would be violated if he knew the filthy monologue running through my loins head each time he visits.

SpunkOnMyEssay Tue 16-May-17 17:31:15

Glad to hear of others in it with me.

I don't know if I can't wait for it to stop (it's exhausting and I can't do anything with these crushes) or if I'll miss it when it does stop.

It's awful sometimes being such a cliché - you should see the man who came to mend our boiler grin

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 16-May-17 17:33:36

Yes blush

MommaL Tue 16-May-17 17:49:51

I'm 36, married, but I'm polyamorus. Ive developed 2 inappropriate crushes in 2 years on guys who turned out to be gay.

Yeah...im odd like that.

SpunkOnMyEssay Tue 16-May-17 17:54:49

Momma have you always been polyamorus? Sometimes I'd like to just be polyamorus till these crushes die down (but don't think I could hack it long term unfortunately).

SaucyJack Tue 16-May-17 18:18:16

Fuck no. I never watch Victorious with the kids so I can perve over Avan Jogia.

That's not appropriate behaviour Saucy. Stop it.

U2HasTheEdge Tue 16-May-17 18:21:02

Perving over Avan Jogia is natural.

Well, more in Lion than Victorious grin

U2HasTheEdge Tue 16-May-17 18:23:11

Oh, I have the wrong person don't I?

SaucyJack Tue 16-May-17 19:40:50

I think you might have.

I dunno who the bloke in Lion is- but this magnificent specimen is Avan Jogia.

SaucyJack Tue 16-May-17 19:41:18

Plus- he has a beard now. He must be legal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now