Talk

Advanced search

To think if you promise someone a call back you bloody well call them back!

(4 Posts)
PlayOnWurtz Tue 16-May-17 15:29:57

I'm livid. Waiting for test results from the local hospital which were late before the cyber attack took place. I rang the hospital yesterday and was told they're "on the other system I'll speak to someone and call you back" now firstly whenever I've had them say that it's always been bad news but secondly they've not bloody well called me back! It's now 24 hours later from when I rang.

AIBU to think even if you've not got an answer for someone you ring them back and say you've not got an answer as you've promised a call back!

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 16-May-17 15:31:42

I think YAB are little bit unreasonable. They are busy (a) trying to retrieve the data and (b) dealing with patients. They'll be in touch when they can. If they are mega - urgent I suspect they will be rescheduling people or call your GP for advice.

PlayOnWurtz Tue 16-May-17 15:34:52

All data was there. She brought all my records up so my hospital is back up online. It's more the lack of "actually our computers aren't fully functional" (if that was the reason) rather than the leave me in limbo and expect me to do all the chasing

hazeydays14 Tue 16-May-17 15:37:05

YANBU to be frustrated but our trust's IT systems are in chaos and we weren't even a victim of the cyber attack They are doing everything they can to update the systems so we aren't vulnerable.

It would be polite of them to call you back and say sorry we don't have an answer yet but we're working on it but as PP said they are very busy. You could call again to jog their memory if they have forgotten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now