Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you think about these flats?

(25 Posts)
Straightouttabrompton Tue 16-May-17 14:54:23

Buying to share with a sibling so need a bedroom each then want to let one out.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65642462.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/fullscreen/view-floorplan.html?propertyId=48191328

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56310508.html

Straightouttabrompton Tue 16-May-17 14:54:54

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65642462.html

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/fullscreen/view-floorplan.html?propertyId=48191328

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56310508.html

Shoxfordian Tue 16-May-17 15:29:23

I like the second one the most although two bathrooms would probably be better for 3 of you if you can find that

The last one is nice but only a two bedroom so not big enough?

londonfever Tue 16-May-17 15:54:46

I like the 3 bed in Camden...looks like the rooms are a good size and there is space to 'live'
The second bedroom min the East Finchley flat is very small...

UrethaFranklin Tue 16-May-17 15:55:40

I like the 3rd one but you said you needed 3 beds and it only has 2.

jay55 Tue 16-May-17 16:02:37

The first one is great but Lifts often mean a high service charge and it's a long way to climb if it's out of order.

AnnetteCurtains Tue 16-May-17 16:07:06

I'd measure the 2nd bedroom on the last one , just to make sure you could fit a bed in
The radiator may need moving

anotherpoisonprince Tue 16-May-17 17:33:19

I love the Camden flat.

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 16-May-17 17:35:39

I find it a bit odd that you keep asking Mumsnet what we think of the flats you are viewing. Is it helping?

mummarichardson Tue 16-May-17 17:37:27

Number 1

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Tue 16-May-17 17:43:14

They are all nice but why are you thinking about a 2 bedroom flat if your wanting a 3 bedroomed flat so that you can let out one room. The only thing I will say is good God they are expensive for flats round where I live you can buy a house for what your paying for a flat I am in the north west though.

Kokusai Tue 16-May-17 17:45:10

Oh I love a bit of house hunting.

Not the East Finchley one. That second bedroom is shit and you are really far out. It is like £100k cheaper than the other two, you can do better if you have £600k to spend.

Can't see anything other than the floor plan for the N1 one, but the floor plan looks really good. 800sq foot is decent, and a spare toilet. Lovely location if you will bike or walk everywhere.

The camden NW1 one is also a good layout (but you would have a sep kitchen, diner and sitting room plus 2 equal beds and 1 bath) but that road is hell busy. I'd want to be facing away from it.

I would need to go and see the blocks, that will make all the difference. As will location in the block. Some blocks are well maintained and some are really crap. I viewed on ex-LA flat with drug dealing going on outside the front door!!! Not snobby, I bought ex-LA before people jump on me. But I didn't buy that one ;-)

Kokusai Tue 16-May-17 17:47:53

Oh you want to let out a room as well? So you need 3 beds?

IMO the Camden one is too small for 3 people because you only really have a corridor then as your living space. Won't be room for a table as well as a sofa.

The N1 would be OK for 3 as there are 2 toilets. You can rent out single rooms easily in London esp if you put in a "small double" bed.

Icanseethepigeon Tue 16-May-17 17:54:16

Jumping in to say it as no one else has yet ...
Fuck me but that's a lot of money for a flat! ROUND here blah blah

... and I was expecting a pic of pretty flat shoes blush

bridgetreilly Tue 16-May-17 17:57:41

For 3 people to live in, definitely the Camden one. Smaller reception room, but you've all got good sized bedrooms. If you can afford the East Finchley one without a lodger, go for that.

bridgetreilly Tue 16-May-17 17:58:37

Oh, except the bedrooms in the East Finchley flat are very different sizes, so you'd have to be okay with that. I really think the Camden flat is the best for sharing.

hiimmumma Tue 16-May-17 17:58:57

@Icanseethepigeon
That's how much property costs in london and everyone knows that. so there's no need for the comment really. It may be cheaper where you are but if all the people that live in london lived there then it wouldn't be. It's all relative.

Also I thought this was about shoes too..

Mothervulva Tue 16-May-17 18:00:14

Camden. Best looking and a great location.
Check road noise though.

GreyVelvet Tue 16-May-17 18:01:06

You're either one person looking in the same place for the same thing as me or lots of people are looking in exactly the same locations and at the same flats as me....

GreyVelvet Tue 16-May-17 18:02:15

Sorry that wasn't helpful, just go view them all. There's not a whole heap on the market at the moment so I've taken to just viewing anything vaguely suitable. You can't also tell room sizes , as in how they actually feeling, without viewing

LightYears Tue 16-May-17 18:02:24

They could have at least made the bed.
The first ones better IMO. No idea on area or price though.

LightYears Tue 16-May-17 18:03:10

What are the service charges, I bet they're eye watering. shock

SnowBallsAreHere Tue 16-May-17 18:07:34

The first one would be too small for 3 bedrooms, the living/dining room would just be a small corridor.

The last one only has 2 bedrooms

And the middle one has such wierd diy in the living room, cupboard door in shelves, & built in wooden single beds/sofa, & I'd not trust the shower room 'floor' not to leak.

Batteriesallgone Tue 16-May-17 18:08:14

Open plan kitchen / living room is better when renting to a stranger. More room to all cook at same time rather than queuing just to put some chips in the oven.

Multiple toilets best when renting to someone.

On that basis I'd say property two.

Sorry can't comment on price or area as not a Londoner.

pigsDOfly Tue 16-May-17 18:13:04

Love the Camden flat, great proportions, also agree with Mother fantastic location.

Very much depends what sort of area you want to live in. Camden's a lot different from East Finchley.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now