Talk

Advanced search

Postman Pat is the most incompetent postman ever

(8 Posts)
Aeroflotgirl Tue 16-May-17 13:51:16

It takes him hours just to do a few deliveries, even then he bungles up the one special delivery that he does have that day.

I don't know how he manages to do his rounds, when he keeps stopping to help someone, and gassing to his friends, oh and trying to sort out the special delivery that has gone wrong confused

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Tue 16-May-17 13:58:36

But the gadgets!!!

I first saw this postman in 1990 with dc1 and now rewatching with
Dss ds and he's got gagets! A plane and a boat at one point.

He is an old gossip though

AlbusPercival Tue 16-May-17 13:59:54

Yabu - you haven't met my dad

DuggeeHugs Tue 16-May-17 14:10:12

DH and I have this conversation regularly. His ineptness is the stuff of legends!

Everything arrives broken, used or otherwise not in the condition in which it was posted. The contents of every parcel are well known.

Poor Ben is surely going to be off sick with stress soon given the degree to which he is already forced to micromanage Pat, who he blatantly can't trust to sit the right way on a lavatory.

If you've ever seen Lars and the Real Girl, Pat is Lars and being a postie is the Real Girl.

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Tue 16-May-17 14:11:26

Is your dad a postman Albus smile

MangosteenSoda Tue 16-May-17 14:14:38

I can't get over this! He was renaissance man in the previous Postman Pat incarnation, always saving the day and able to turn his hand to anything.

The Special Delivery Service reboot is bullshit. Even my 2yo is having none of it.

Aeroflotgirl Tue 16-May-17 14:24:33

I know, its appealing, he takes ages to deliver a special delivery, as hes made some sort of a cock up, then its broken or the wrong item.

TheWhiteRoseOfYork Tue 16-May-17 14:27:07

In a few years time all the post will be delivered by driverless drones and he will be a sad shell of a man who never worked again after the Post Office let him go......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now