Talk

Advanced search

Asda jeans.

(20 Posts)
justwhiisitwhosvotingtory Tue 16-May-17 13:33:34

I need to replace my jeans. All my pairs have decided to give up the ghost at once so I went to Asda.com to get some replacements. Size 16. Bootleg. £14.99 ones ( was prepared for this to have gone up a bit- 'tis a couple of years since I last replaced them) and was shocked to find they one now do weird ( modern) shapes and bloody jeggings!

AIBU to think that ASDA should not pretend to be a fashion retailer and just keep making useful stuff which actually fits ( me at least). I've lived in said jeans for more than 10 years now and am slightly scared at the prospect of having to try and track down some new ones.

Do any mumsnetters know of any secret stash of these delightful garments? Or can you recommend an alternative? (I've tried Sainsbury's but they seem to think I am 6 months gone?)

Help!

StarryCorpulentCunt Tue 16-May-17 13:35:14

Next do normal shaped jeans. Straight leg seem to be impossible to get now though.

BaldricksTrousers Tue 16-May-17 13:36:59

Perhaps you could attempt to try some new styles. People change, fashion changes, denim changes. Maybe you'll surprise yourself.

Hillarious Tue 16-May-17 13:37:56

Next have stopped making their slim leg, dark denim jeans! sad

Hillarious Tue 16-May-17 13:39:18

People change, fashion changes, denim changes. And you then look back at old photos and wonder why you ever wore such outfits. Just because something is fashionable doesn't mean it looks good.

BaldricksTrousers Tue 16-May-17 13:39:23

Next jeans have become rubbish anyway. They stretch out far too quickly.

BaldricksTrousers Tue 16-May-17 13:40:40

Just because something is fashionable doesn't mean it looks good.

No, but you can still dress in a classic, timeless style whilst incorporating modern trends.

CherieBabySpliffUp Tue 16-May-17 13:41:21

M&S still do straight leg jeans

RupertsMum2 Tue 16-May-17 13:41:49

eBay?

justwhiisitwhosvotingtory Tue 16-May-17 13:45:54

I'm not sure my legs/bum has changed shape with the fashions though!

Thanks Rupertsmum - I hadn't thought of eBay.

Either M&S or me are a funny shape, either way their jeans are not the same dimensions as I am...

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 16-May-17 13:48:19

I like GAP (only outlet though, I'm too mean for full priced). I think you just have to find the retailer that does your shape and stick with them.

justwhiisitwhosvotingtory Tue 16-May-17 13:50:22

I think you just have to go with the retailer that suits your shape and stick with them

Until they stop making them that is!

BaldricksTrousers Tue 16-May-17 13:54:17

I can second Gap outlet, their jeans are amazing and don't tend to stretch. You might need a size down as the sizing is American however.

ACurlyWurly Tue 16-May-17 13:54:36

Next have stopped doing boyfriend cut jeans like they used to....they have gone all weird and skinny legged
Went to NYC last month and spend hours looking for jeans that fit my big bum, solid thighs, small waist and long legs.....finally ended up with 'the perfect jeans' in Levis mens section

HouseworkIsASin10 Tue 16-May-17 13:56:22

YANBU I now get mine from New Look. They do dark blue and black in the bootcut, different lengths aswell. Got a bit of stretch and very flattering.

Magicpaintbrush Tue 16-May-17 13:57:07

Dorothy Perkins are usually the best place for jeans - comfy and not too pricey. Asda jeans are horribly uncomfortable (imho).

WindwardCircle Tue 16-May-17 13:57:29

If you've got the time and patience charity shops are a treasure trove of wide legged and boot cut jeans.

sadsquid Tue 16-May-17 14:12:56

I miss bootcut jeans being bog standard and available everywhere. sad Got some from Sainsburys that I liked but they stretched out on the first wear and then the shop didn't have the size below when I went back. Got some straight leg ones instead and they didn't stretch out so are bloody uncomfortable round the waist. Go figure.

I got on well with the last pair of New Look jeans I had.

Elendon Tue 16-May-17 14:29:30

Try Debenhams. I posted about the lack of good black trousers for work and someone suggested them and got a perfect pair. They do all shapes and sizes. Not tried the jeans, but it's easy to return if they don't fit.

I quite like my black skinny Asda jeans.

confuugled1 Tue 16-May-17 14:30:21

I've bought sainsburys straight jeans for ages and have been happy. Until this time, I tried some new cut (kickflare confused) as I needed some and they didn't have my size in stock. They fit - fine. but I hadn't twigged that they don't have belt loops, just three buttons at the top. And I seem to be hoiking them up every other moment as they creep down my legs with every other step. Will have to go back to get some of my normal ones as it's one thing when I'm pootling around the house but completely impractical when out and about and trying to do stuff!

Sainsburys also used to do cords in the same style as their straight jeans. I had them for years and whilst they weren't high fashion, they kept me warm and cosy and comfortable... fell into the fashion basics category that you'd just want to repeat in basic colours each year - and they were always half the price of M&S cords, lasted twice as long and I got many more compliments about them when wearing them. Year before last, they made them in different cut and just weren't the same but I struggled on and some of my older ones wore out. Last winter, they didn't make any cords (for women) at all angrysad and I had a cold-legged winter in jeans instead. Can you tell I'm still in mourning for them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now