Talk

Advanced search

to never wear make up?

(60 Posts)
Barefacedbear Tue 16-May-17 12:44:12

Could probably do with it but really can't be arsed. Currently on mat leave and have realised only put make up on twice in the last year (for weddings).

DJBaggySmalls Tue 16-May-17 12:45:45

Of course YANBU. But did you know you can get eyeliner tattooed on?

Pinkheart5917 Tue 16-May-17 12:46:30

My skin is generally pretty good fresh looking so I don't wear make up day to day.

When I do wear make up to go out it's only mascara & lipstick.

If you don't want to wear it, don't!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 16-May-17 12:46:56

Of course you're not unreasonable confused if you dong want to wear make up.

Has someone told you otherwise?

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 16-May-17 12:47:22

*don't

TheScottishPlay Tue 16-May-17 12:47:35

YANBU. I've started to use a wee bit of mascara these days. Hasn't transformed my life though.

Lottapianos Tue 16-May-17 12:48:19

Of course you're not being unreasonable. And that's from someone who wears make up every single day. It should be something you find fun and energising and life-affirming. If you can't be bothered, don't do it. It should be a choice for everyone

BorpBorpBorp Tue 16-May-17 12:48:37

Of course not. What do you think will happen if you don't wear make up? Nobody's going to cower in fear, and your face isn't going to fall off.

NavyandWhite Tue 16-May-17 12:49:06

confused of course not. You don't have to.

I feel weird without it. Although I don't wear much tbh just some light foundation to even skin out, blusher, mascara and lipgloss. Takes me about 3 mins tops.

murphys Tue 16-May-17 12:51:10

Each to their own really. I know I couldn't go out without any on, I wouldn't want to scare off the neighbours kids and all that sort of thing.

But then again I have no confidence, so mine is a mask....

Wish I was able to go out without any on though OP.

noeffingidea Tue 16-May-17 13:08:01

I haven't worn makeup for about 5 years, and before that it was just for special ocassions. Nothing bad has happened.
No, of course you are not being unreasonable, OP.

KC225 Tue 16-May-17 13:09:08

Never wear eye make up or mascara unless going for a nice evening out but always wear foundation or tinted moisturiser (uneven skin tone) and always lipstick even if going to the shop or school pick up

specialsubject Tue 16-May-17 13:27:10

Unless I have missed yet another memo on correct female behaviour, it remains optional.

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Tue 16-May-17 13:28:40

Well I feel awful without makeup and look tired and ill but you do as you like op no one else's business

Kitsandkids Tue 16-May-17 13:32:36

I can't remember the last time I wore any. I chucked it out a couple of years ago as it was all old and I haven't replaced it. I've been on nights out etc since then and just not bothered. I do think I look better with a bit on, but not loads, but I just can't be bothered! I'm married and don't feel the need to make myself attractive to other men (or my husband particularly!) and it means I am very quick at getting ready to go out!

mumthatruns Tue 16-May-17 13:46:21

nope.
I recently started using a slightly tinted bb cream, but that's it. Takes 2 seconds. Up until then, nothing.
I may have had some on my wedding day over 3 years ago, but someone did it for me as I don't actually own anything.

VladmirsPoutine Tue 16-May-17 13:47:29

I don't see how this could conceivably be unreasonable? confused

Isthisusernamefree Tue 16-May-17 13:49:37

I'm wayyyyy too lazy in the mornings to bother with that! I'll wear it for a special occasion but that's about it. I might wap on a bit of mascara if I've got an extra two minutes before work, but generally I'd rather spend the extra ten mins in bed.

My natural face, in all its glory, will just have to do!! 😂

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 16-May-17 13:50:57

I rarely ever wear make up now, unless I am going out. It must be better for your skin too.

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Tue 16-May-17 13:52:57

i don't feel the need to look attractive for men

That's a really strange view because I wear makeup to look nice for my self esteem and my pleasure not any random bloke.

DeleteOrDecay Tue 16-May-17 13:58:35

YANBU at all. I can't remember the last time I wore make up and even then it was usually just a bit of eye liner. I couldn't tell you where my eyeliner is currently, it's been lost for a while.

It's just not something I can be bothered with. I'm all for free choice but I do think it's a shame that some women feel they can't be seen in public without it.

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Tue 16-May-17 14:00:41

Why sad delete I don't think it's sad you don't wear makeup.

But judge there

Each to own

Eolian Tue 16-May-17 14:00:56

i don't feel the need to look attractive for men

That's a really strange view because I wear makeup to look nice for my self esteem and my pleasure not any random bloke.

Besides, other women are much more likely to notice and judge your make-up, or lack of it, than men.

NavyandWhite Tue 16-May-17 14:01:54

I don't wear it for men grin or anybody else. It's more for myself as not to give me too much of a fright when I look in the mirror wink

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Tue 16-May-17 14:02:09

Sorry not dad a shame

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now