Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your Guide to Cheats recommendations

(6 Posts)
FuckingSausageFingers Tue 16-May-17 11:36:08

Friend going through a horrid break up. DH left her while pregnant with DC3 (baby now here). This has completely and utterly floored her and to say she's struggling is an understatement. I have suggested MN for advice but she's a mess really and just trying to deal with the kids.

I'm trying my best to convince her that it's not her fault. Everything he's saying and doing is complete Cheat Textbook. Too much stuff to list really but just off the top of my head:

- Been unhappy for years
- She was the one who wanted to ttc and just decided for them
- Rubbish sex life
- Following his heart/can't help how he feels/deserves to be happy
- Demanding DNA test for 3rd DC
- She's a total psycho/unstable/unhinged
- blah blah blah you get the picture.

He's making out that she's partly to blame and the worst part for me is that friend talks like she believes it.
I've seen people here refer to books and sites that explain how this type of stuff is all part of the script and I want to show her that it isn't her fault because she's genuinely starting to doubt her sanity 😢

I also want to help arm her with some insight as to how things might go re: finances and contact arrangements because I have a feeling it's going to get even messier when they reach that point. I think if she can see it coming she can be one step ahead of him iykwim

AIBU to ask for your Cheats Guide recommendations so I can show her that he's completely unoriginal, so much so that there are books about him that have already been written? (Doesn't have to be books- will send her links to relevant sites too)

Thanks in advance smile

FuckingSausageFingers Tue 16-May-17 11:37:30

*sorry should have said DH left her for OW

FuckingSausageFingers Tue 16-May-17 15:28:31

Bump.

Softkitty2 Tue 16-May-17 16:15:09

First is she needs to be strong for her children well atleast she's got to have herself in control because she does not want her ex using her mental state as a weapon and taking the children away..

Some will say get ss involved if she is not coping but that is a slippery slope.

She needs to realise its him and not her.

Destinysdaughter Tue 16-May-17 16:21:45

Chumplady is good

www.chumplady.com/archives/

FuckingSausageFingers Tue 16-May-17 17:56:47

Thanks for the link Destiny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now