Talk

Advanced search

To ask you how long it takes you and DC to get ready in mornings?

(14 Posts)
user1491572121 Mon 15-May-17 23:43:53

Also, how old are your DC? What time do you all get up? What's your routine?

ButTheBearSnoredOn Mon 15-May-17 23:49:47

Ugh. Too long. But dd is a terrible faffer.
I get up 2 hours before we need to leave the house. Kids normally up at the same time as me otherwise I'll wake them an hour before we need to leave at the latest. This give me time to have a quick shower, get dressed, do the breakfasts, help/supervise/nag the children to get dressed, deal dd's sock and pant based traumas, make sure they eat breakfast, do teeth, check school bags.

I rarely get to do my hair or much in the way of make up.

Dcs are 5 and 8 so really should be easier than tbis sad

Moanyoldcow Mon 15-May-17 23:51:20

DS is 4 and at am nursery. It's a 3 min walk away. To leave at 8.25 I need to be up and in the shower by 7.40. DH will take DS down and do breakfast whilst I'm doing that but in a pinch I can do it all myself in 40 mins (including 'morning poo' for DS which is essential as he's a toilet refuser (FFS)).

I look fucking hideous though - fuzzy hair and no makeup - I'm always trying to get up earlier but I'm very lazy.

wobblywonderwoman Mon 15-May-17 23:52:48

We shower at night and I have all bags packed clothes ready.

45 mins

Mine are 3 and nearly 4

shinyredbus Mon 15-May-17 23:56:44

45 minutes from the time she wakes up till she steps out of the door. Its quicker if I'm on my own! My husband is a terrible faffer and she takes advantage of him all the time. Kids are 3 and 8 months.

ScarlettFreestone Mon 15-May-17 23:57:35

We can be up and out the door in 30 minutes, but generally speaking get up an hour before we need to leave the house.

The DC are 9yo so they get dressed, washed and make their own breakfast without intervention.

Bags are packed the night before.

Ellisandra Mon 15-May-17 23:57:43

Our record was set last week when the alarm didn't go off.
Up, hair and teeth brushed, washed, packed lunch made, clothes on... and out the door inside 10 minutes grin

She's 8 and responded brilliantly to the "OMG!!!" I was so proud - so was she, we high fived as we left the house!

But on a normal morning, we get up at 8am and easily ready in 30 minutes - plenty of time to chat or play or do a short bit of homework. Almost always shower the night before.

ButTheBearSnoredOn Tue 16-May-17 00:04:12

Oh I'm so envious! The idea that I could get dd to leave the house within 30 minutes is a dream! She would crumble under that pressure.

LostInMess Tue 16-May-17 00:09:56

4 DC, aged 19 months - 9 y.o. I get up 6ish so can make lunches etc - sometimes manage a shower before DC4 wakes up although can be tricky if DC3 in my bed trying not to wake him as then the morning drink malarkey starts. Usually get older 2 DC up 7/7.30. Time always speeds up after 8 and we normally leave between 8.15 and 8.30. Clothes etc all laid out night before, what takes us the time is if I am downstairs doing lunches everyone mucks around upstairs and DD's hair which takes on a life of its own overnight and takes AGES to detangle!

Notso Tue 16-May-17 00:14:59

DH usually gets up at 5:30-6:00 depending where he is working. He goes down to get ready, unloads the dishwasher and makes tea for me and two older DC and brings it upstairs. He leaves between 6 and 6:30.

DC1 17 gets up at 6:30, she is really grumpy in the mornings and tends to stay in her room only coming in the kitchen briefly to get a bottle of juice before she goes. I dread her having a bad hair/eyebrows day.

DC2 12 gets up around 6:45 and gets straight in the shower. He takes ages as he hates it in there and has to get out several times for a break.

DC3 6 gets up and dressed and comes upstairs for a snuggle with me while I drink my tea. Sometimes DC4 5 is up then too but usually he sleeps later.
I go down at 7-7:30 I do breakfasts for DC, make more tea/coffee/hot choc sit and chat with them for a bit and make packed lunches.
DC1 leaves at 7:50
DC2 leaves at 8:15
If DC4 not up by 8:15 I go and get him up and dressed then sort his breakfast, tidy up breakfast things, check any forms/money/book bags are ready.
Last I get myself dressed in scruffs usually and leave with last two DC at 8:55.
9:05 I come home and shower and enjoy the peace.

mygorgeousmilo Tue 16-May-17 00:18:22

X3 DC of primary school age. Can do it in half an hour, but I get their clothes ready the night before, and I get up in time for us to have 1.5 hrs in the morning. They always have a hot breakfast, fresh smoothies, look nice and clean, and there's no shouting. I can have a leisurely coffee while they watch cartoons or draw and when we all leave the house for the day I don't feel all stressed and flustered. We can definitely do it in less time but in this way we are all very relaxed leaving the house, and I don't feel like I'm starting my day on the back foot having forgotten half of what I need for work.

LostInMess Tue 16-May-17 00:19:22

I should say DH tends to be leave at 6, so is absent from these proceedings. Very occasionally, he works from home and helps. We are generally late on those days.

DoorwayToNorway Tue 16-May-17 00:23:51

They get up at 6am. School starts at 7am. They leave at 6.45am by bike. Never late. They are really good, 13 and 11. The 4 and 7 year old have afternoon school in the sane building. They usually have lunch at 12. Then they have a wash and get unifoms on and get in the car by 12.55 to be at school by 1.10. Occasionally we are late because the 4 year old is going through a horrible stage of defiance.

LellyMcKelly Tue 16-May-17 00:30:07

I get up at 7am, shower and make the packed lunches. DCs get up at 7.30am, dressed, breakfast, teeth, make up (me), 10 minutes hunting for shoes/homework/kit and out by 8.30am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now