Talk

Advanced search

Stories Women Tell - possible trigger warning.

(3 Posts)
Crowdblundering Mon 15-May-17 20:20:04

Did anyone watch Abortion: Stories women tell on Sky Atlantic the other night?

Just watched it on demand.

Make me feel so sad at the state of affairs for women with unplanned pregnancies in certain parts of the USA ATM.

These ladies at one of the most vulnerable, difficult times of their life have to drive 4 hours sometimes to the nearest clinic as the Pro Life campaign has closed a lot of clinics down, then to run the gauntlet of Pro Life campaigners standing outside the clinic (I am all for respecting others point of view but this is not respectful) preaching at them on the way in and out and then pay through the nose for the procedure and then subsequent contraception (one lady said she can't afford $800 for an IUD).

One of the ladies was terminating her pregnancy due to her baby having amniotic band syndrome (no chance of survival) and was devastated and had to go through all that shit on the way in.

Why is it a lot of the campaigners are men (one saying the new 3 day rule "is not long to wait" - erm well excuse me but how the fuck would you know?!) and a lot are anti for religious reasons but I don't think kicking someone when they are down and waving slogans at them on their way into an abortion clinic is very kind in the name of any religion.

Just made me feel so sad for them and grateful for the services we have in the UK.

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 15-May-17 20:28:04

Not everywhere in the UK unfortunately: women in Northern Ireland face similar difficulties and obstructions.

Crowdblundering Mon 15-May-17 20:28:28

Sorry yes indeed sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now