Talk

Advanced search

....to ask for advice?

(3 Posts)
Blackadderspants Mon 15-May-17 19:22:55

This actually follows on from another thread, "Dealing with literally the most unpleasant person in the world"

I am still dealing with them. And because I work in the service industry I am having to be really nice to them and apologise that they are feeling cross and frustrated (THEIR FAULT ENTIRELY) and essentially bend over backwards the whole time while they are being totally and utterly vile to me. Whenever I see an e mail from them it makes my heart jump into my throat. I spent two full days last week sorting out something for them which was actually their responsibility to do, and didn't even get a thank you, and today had the most horrible e mail of all.

I have talked it through with my manager but he says we are in the service industry, we deal with people like this and we have to just let it go over our heads and be nice and polite.

I am not sure I can do this any more though! I was trying to write a polite, calming, nice e mail to them today and all I wanted to write was a tonne of expletives. Apparently I have to ring them tomorrow but I'm bricking it. They are HORRIBLE on the phone, spiteful, sly and vicious. I have been in this industry - and this job itself - for nearly 20 years and this is the worst person I have ever had to deal with.

I know I ought to just let it go but I am finding it sooooo hard to deal with them and just want to tell them to fuck right off and leave me alone.

Any advice lovely Mumsnetters?

stuntcamel Mon 15-May-17 19:29:55

Are calls recorded where you work? Perhaps you could ask your manager to listen in, so they can hear for themselves.

Millymoonbeam Mon 15-May-17 19:46:20

I had a similar jib git fed up of being threatened. I stated a year and then managed to get another job. Start looking for something else

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now