Talk

Advanced search

To think that Sainsbury's has some good clothes ATM

(33 Posts)
LadyBitterSparkles Mon 15-May-17 16:31:10

and lovely homewares. I popped in there at the weekend for the first time in ages, and I was seriously tempted by a lot of the clothes and homeware things. Is it just having a moment or has it been like this for a while?

PossumInAPearTree Mon 15-May-17 16:35:58

I find amongst the frumpier stuff there is some decent stuff. My favourite two dresses which I always get compliments for wearing are both from Sainsbury's and I got them a couple of years ago.

Laiste Mon 15-May-17 16:39:45

Hmm, it comes and goes for me.

Personally at the mo everything is a bit too fussy and frilly, the neck lines too high and their tops are ALL SO DARN SHORT! Liked more of last winters stuff than i like this summers collection.

Lots of nice stuff for the home.

Wish they'd do bigger cup sizes in their bras.

patronsaintofglocks Mon 15-May-17 17:31:12

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have managed to buy 7/8 gold plus sized dresses over the last few weeks in the 50% or more sale.

Fabulous quality

Pinkheart5917 Mon 15-May-17 17:32:51

Yes they have at the moment

I went food shopping there last week and come out with 2 new dresses , a Gok wan bikini, a new bag, new shoes and a cardigan. Plus bits for dc.

ghostyslovesheets Mon 15-May-17 17:34:14

yes - if you avoid Goks stuff!

Their jeans are great as is their sports kit and shoes

Lallypopstick Mon 15-May-17 17:41:09

Is this an advert?

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Mon 15-May-17 17:44:34

I've got some lovely kids stuff there recently. Too massively pregnant for most of their adult clothes, so haven't looked at those for now

LadyBitterSparkles Mon 15-May-17 18:21:13

I'll definitely pop back for a look then!
Not an advert, just not been in for a while, not been shopping for ages really and I didn't know if Sainsbury's had changed, or if my taste/standards had grin

littlejeopardy Mon 15-May-17 18:24:03

I like their baby clothes and I bought a pinafore dress last autumn and lived in it all winter.

P1nkP0ppy Mon 15-May-17 18:32:58

Some of their clothes are great but the jeans soon stretch and keep slipping down (even after buying a size smaller than usual). I won't be buying their jeans again.

TheWernethWife Mon 15-May-17 18:43:50

I bought a lovely tunic dress for £22 last week, wore it at the weekend and got a few compliments. Some of the stuff is rubbish but there are a couple of gems if you look.

TheWernethWife Mon 15-May-17 18:46:41

Just found my receipt, it was £18 not £22.

Acornantics Mon 15-May-17 19:30:13

I have a gold/cream sort of cropped cardigan from about 10 years ago that I've worn in every possible situation, over and over again. It was an absolute bargain and has lasted, and still looks great.

These days I tend to find tops too short, frilly and fussy, knitwear is synthetic and dresses and trousers too short as I'm 5ft 11.

Their homeware, pyjamas, slippers and jewellery are all lovely though.

dontcallmelen Mon 15-May-17 19:49:29

Yy Sainsbury's are really good for children's clothes, really good quality & wash well, I picked up a lovely stripe shift dress & white cotton jacket a couple of weeks ago, a linen shift dress I bought a couple of years ago gets so many compliments & looks far more expensive than it was.
Towels are great quality & they have some really nice home stuff at the moment.

areyoubeingserviced Mon 15-May-17 19:54:43

I buy all my jeans in Sainsbury's . The quality is fantastic

hellokittymania Mon 15-May-17 19:59:31

I don't know about the homeware since I haven't looked, but they have some nice kids clothes.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Mon 15-May-17 20:02:35

I find the ladies clothes a bit insipid but I love the kids clothing. I wait til the 25% off weeks and then buy in bulk. I really struggle to find decent boys clothes for DS that aren't tracksuits, grey joggers and dinosaur tops that say 'raaaah' on them. I prefer dungarees and suspender type clothes and Sainsbury's is the only place I've ever found 'boys' tights too!

2014newme Mon 15-May-17 20:04:26

For cheap frumpy stuff it's great. And we all meet a bit of that from time to time.
Kids stuff can be ok sometimes.
Women's shoes ate good for cheap basics.

buggerthebotox Mon 15-May-17 20:06:36

I've bought their skinny jeans and they're great value but sag after a while. I bought some pink cropped ones at the weekend which are rather nice for the price.

There's a nice cropped jacket I quite like and I got some leather boots too, for a snip.

Definitely worth a look.

LisaMed1 Mon 15-May-17 20:07:38

Their men's shirts rock!

DH likes plain shirts and not only is Sainsburys about the only place you can get them but they are great quality.

aheffalump Mon 15-May-17 20:11:15

There's a massive one near me and I get nearly all my clothes from there 😬 mostly skinny jeans and jersey tops. I think if they try to do fashion that's where it goes wrong but the basics are good for the price. I also got an amazing pair of heeled leather knee high boots in a burgundy colour for £15 reduced from £70 that I wear out all the time.

poppy2021 Mon 15-May-17 20:11:22

I echo areyou's cooments. I love thier jeans.

choccyp1g Mon 15-May-17 20:11:44

*Laiste: Wish they'd do bigger cup sizes in their bras*

Or just do the actual cup sizes. I wear a D cup, and usually get them from Tesco, tried one in Sainsbury and it was more like a D saucer.

But I like the leggings and often find a decent patterned top.

NB I am nearly 60 so son't take it as a recommendation for high fashion.

Longdistance Mon 15-May-17 20:13:39

I love their uniforms for school. I save the nectar points up for the 25% off in August.

I got some nice flats in there last month, and people have complimented me on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now