Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that there are a huge amount of paid political posters on this forum?

(262 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

deeedeee Mon 15-May-17 15:42:35

50p army indeed? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

It's obvious, but remember to check the parties manifestos and make sure you are voting for the policies you agree with, and not just being influenced by the opinions of others and the politics of inevitability.

deeedeee Mon 15-May-17 16:05:41

who obviously don't want to draw attention to themselves

derxa Mon 15-May-17 16:06:34

In other words vote for the Labour party hmm

Orlantina Mon 15-May-17 16:08:20

I bet there are some. I also bet there are people who are passionate about politics as well.

Wouldn't it be great to get paid for something you are passionate about?

JamieXeed74 Mon 15-May-17 16:08:43

What if you like some of the policies but think the people delivering them are telly tubbies? Obviously the poster is on the pay role of a party with s**t leadership.

53rdWay Mon 15-May-17 16:09:04

I presume all those paid astroturfers from the EU referendum who were on here 24/7 ("we need to LEAVE!") need another job now, so, yep.

donkey86 Mon 15-May-17 16:10:46

I really don't think they're getting paid. Think of all the hours parties get people to put in without being paid, walking the streets, leafletting and door knocking and so on. If they can get people to do that free of charge (which they can, easily) why would they bother to pay people to post online? Any such spending would need to be declared anyway, so we'd know about it.

Orlantina Mon 15-May-17 16:17:43

Any such spending would need to be declared anyway, so we'd know about it

grin

Unless there's an administrative error

donkey86 Mon 15-May-17 16:20:39

Yeah I realised that was going to sound naive when I wrote it - but I don't think the parties will be taking risks with their spending this election. Every payment will be scrutinised.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Mon 15-May-17 16:23:47

It seems that if some don't agree with your view you are automatically being paid by the Tories.

How dare people have different views hey.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Mon 15-May-17 16:24:56

In other words vote for the Labour party

That does seem to be the line yes.

deeedeee Mon 15-May-17 16:25:10

I think that there are probably people in the employ of both.

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Mon 15-May-17 16:25:44

It's also possible that people who work for political parties are members of mumsnet, along with the teachers, cleaners, astrophysicists and SAHMs.

deeedeee Mon 15-May-17 16:30:57

true snorkmaiden.

and true that teachers, astrophysicists and SAHMs will have political views

but it does feel that there are people who are very dedicated, very good at derailing and redirecting and are doing it professionally.

and not just of one political persuasion either.

derxa Mon 15-May-17 16:33:55

There is no way someone on this site spouting party propaganda would convince me. claig on the other hand with her mindless devotion to Trump and Farage- I was totally convinced grin

derxa Mon 15-May-17 16:35:39

but it does feel that there are people who are very dedicated, very good at derailing and redirecting and are doing it professionally. But it's very easy to see through.

Bejazzled Mon 15-May-17 16:39:14

It's bound to happen in the 'social media age'
Not just paid persons, volunteers too. Same happened on the billion Scottish Neverendum threads a few years ago.

Bejazzled Mon 15-May-17 16:42:31

deedee weren't you a strong advocate of the SNP and independence then? Interesting that you seem to have switched to Labour, what changed your mind?

amicissimma Mon 15-May-17 16:43:22

When I hear people suggesting that Russia is trying to influence the election I think of the hyperbolic Mumsnet threads.

I do tell myself not to be silly, but I can't help wondering ...

deeedeee Mon 15-May-17 16:53:08

Bejazzled, oooh that's a creepy feeling!

how odd for you to remember me and think you know how I vote or intend to vote!

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Mon 15-May-17 16:58:59

Yeah i agree with the poster

Whether paid or not its bloody irritating

And as someone said earlier fairly easy to spot

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed Mon 15-May-17 16:59:20

Oh it's obvious

Or people don't care about the NHS, the poor, those in society that are disadvantaged

And read the Daily Mail

Bejazzled Mon 15-May-17 17:00:53

deedee

I don't have a jot to give

wasonthelist Mon 15-May-17 17:03:38

Where can I sign up for this kind of work?

deeedeee Mon 15-May-17 17:06:56

bedazzled, that's an odd and rude thing to say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now