Talk

Advanced search

To have expected contact from John Lewis?

(12 Posts)
DerelictWreck Mon 15-May-17 12:56:05

Posting here for traffic, and because I'm new and not sure where else to put it!

I ordered a sofa from John Lewis, one where they say it should be delivered within 8 weeks as you're allowed to specify the fabric.

I ordered it over a month ago and have heard nothing from them - is this normal? I thought I might have had an update, or a more specific expected delivery time frame, but all I know is that it was ordered on April 13th, so has to be delivered by June 8th! Given that this is just over 3 weeks away, and I will need to book time off work to be in, I was hoping I would know more by now.

I suppose I'm not really asking if IAMBU, more if anyone knows what I should be expecting?

ajandjjmum Mon 15-May-17 13:04:51

What does it say on their order acknowledgement?

Fightingthefire Mon 15-May-17 13:07:00

Yabu
Ring them.

SheSaidHeSaid Mon 15-May-17 13:10:18

Sounds like it cold be normal. Just give them a call and ask?

LIZS Mon 15-May-17 13:12:49

Think we had about 10 days' notice to organise delivery.

gabsdot Mon 15-May-17 13:14:10

I'm in a similar situation, although with a different shop. I was told my sofa would be delivered in 10-12 weeks. It hasn't occured to me to contact them during the wait. At the 12 week mark if I haven't heard anything I will contact them.

pointyshoes Mon 15-May-17 13:32:22

Give them a ring. I ordered some furniture from them earlier this year. Due date passed, so I gave them a ring to find out what was happening. Turned out they had "lost" the furniture - it had arrived from the supplier but was "somewhere" In their warehouse. Took nearly 2 weeks to locate the furniture and arrange delivery, but if I had n't called originally I think I'd probably still be waiting. No harm in double checking that everything is on track .

farfallarocks Mon 15-May-17 13:33:57

I have been chasing them
For blinds for 3 months and I can't a straight answer from anyone, customer service os awful at the moment

VeuveVera Mon 15-May-17 13:35:45

I thought this too, then got a phone call saying they were coming next week. 3 weeks early
Just phone them

MaidenMotherCrone Mon 15-May-17 13:45:35

I read it as John Lennon, not Lewisgrin

Thought it was a messages from t'other side thread.

DerelictWreck Mon 15-May-17 14:52:48

Thanks for the advice all!

Not annoyed I haven't heard or anything, just wanted to check that I shouldn't have I suppose - make sure my expectations were in check!

I'll wait a couple of weeks then ring and check as suggested

ajandjjmum Mon 15-May-17 15:35:54

We got a response by messaging JL by Twitter - sad that you have to do that, but might be worth a shot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now