Talk

Advanced search

to worry that an exercise bike will **** my knees?

(2 Posts)
user93852244 Mon 15-May-17 10:55:01

I don't have bad knees in general.

When I was only 21 I tried a cheap nasty exercise bike. It hurt my knees to use it. I had a BMI of 20 then and was very fit as in walking miles everywhere. I stopped using bike quite quickly.

Roll on 20+ years and my BMI is 31. I must lose weight.

I live in a horrible climate. I do what I can but sometimes days pass when I really don't get out as much as I'd like. My house is very small so even cleaning it doesn't quite get me the activity I need.

I should be getting on with the business of losing weight as a matter of urgency.

Oh and our ceilings are low and I am very tall which rules out a treadmill which I'd prefer. Unless I housed it outside in a cold shed.

Or should I try another exercise bike and I can pedal away in home comforts watching TV?

Do you think the original uncomfortable bike was because it was a cheap nasty piece of crap? If I spend more and get a magnetic fly wheel thingy would that help?

Also, cycling is not weight-bearing. So isn't that rather a waste of exercise? Or should I be concentrating on the calorie burn first?

Thanks.

user93852244 Mon 15-May-17 11:06:26

I imagine exercise bikes have come on loads since I last used one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now