Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that finding my package shouldn't be a treasure hunt?

(12 Posts)
allegretto Mon 15-May-17 10:31:17

I bought a few things on Amazon and have had a message from them saying that they have been delivered to my neighbour "L" as per my instructions. I gave no such instructions and have no idea who this person is! Surely they should tell you if they deliver it to someone else? This has never happened with packages before.

SheSaidHeSaid Mon 15-May-17 10:36:16

I thought it was standard procedure to attempt to deliver to a neighbour if you're not in and haven't left instructions specifically saying not to?

Have you knocked on next door neighbour's doors and asked them if they have it or if they know who L is?

allegretto Mon 15-May-17 10:39:33

It's not any of my immediate neighbours. I live in a block of flats and there are about 50 possible addresses it could have gone to. I think it is a bit weird to just give a first name rather than a house number as I don't know anybody with the name given.

PamplemousseRouge Mon 15-May-17 10:43:53

That sounds frustrating OP sad could you ring Amazon to tell them about the situation?

blue2014 Mon 15-May-17 10:46:08

Contact amazon - they'll send you a new one out. Our amazon deliveries are shit (they once emailed my husband to tell him I had signed to take delivery of his parcel - I hadn't I was with in, in labour, one hour away)

Welshmaenad Mon 15-May-17 10:47:05

Neighbour to your left???

biffyboom Mon 15-May-17 10:47:11

Could it be number 7 upside down?

allegretto Mon 15-May-17 10:50:48

Sorry I put "L" but they actually wrote the whole name (which I haven't put here). Anyhow - it just turned up! A neighbour had it. Her name doesn't begin with L and is nothing like the name they gave me!

SheSaidHeSaid Mon 15-May-17 10:52:08

Contact amazon who will find out from the courier they used. Or put a note on the communal noticeboard (assuming you have one?).

If you don't want parcels left with neighbours in future you'll need to amend your preferences with Amazon & any other online retailers you use.

SheSaidHeSaid Mon 15-May-17 10:52:43

Cross posted. But my second sentence still applies smile

DerelictWreck Mon 15-May-17 10:55:08

I thought from the headline this was going to be a complaint about sex with a partner and how long it took them to figure things out! hah!

allegretto Mon 15-May-17 10:58:40

Derelict grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now