Talk

Advanced search

To ask for our hangover cures

(39 Posts)
mayrat Mon 15-May-17 07:55:18

Had my first proper night out in over a year yesterday.

Suffering today. Looking after 18-month-old all day. Feel like death. What is your go-to hangover remedy? It is too late to apply the "not drinking" one.

Jimcanna Mon 15-May-17 07:56:35

Alka seltzer if theres a shop near by

KermitRuffinsTrumpet Mon 15-May-17 07:59:33

Get up, LOTS of bacon and sparkling water, sleep again, right as rain.

You probably can't sleep again so...

Dioralyte works wonders. And bacon. Always bacon grin

ParadiseLaundry Mon 15-May-17 08:00:15

It's tempting to eat crap but don't! Eat healthy and you will feel all the better for it. Bananas are good, coconut water if you've got it. Sleep when the toddler sleeps today. Cebeebies is your friend today. Good luck! Hope you had a good night.

TopangaD Mon 15-May-17 08:01:45

Cbeebes, a blanket, eggs.. eggs are good, lots of juice, and a shower..

BollardDodger Mon 15-May-17 08:01:53

Don't drink too much the night before.

moomin4071 Mon 15-May-17 08:02:22

Can of coke. Bacon sandwich, noodles, pizza. Basically anything crap with a high fat and or salt content.
Sometimes a good chuck makes you feel better if you're feeling sick. Keep hydrated, juice is good, also ice lollies.
Also a walk can be helpful.

Supersoaryflappypigeon Mon 15-May-17 08:03:08

Alka Seltzer and Pepsi. And salt and vinegar crisps.

TheNaze73 Mon 15-May-17 08:03:58

2 paracetamol, 2 ibuprofen, toast with marmite & fatty Coke

mayrat Mon 15-May-17 08:05:22

Thank you. I don't have any Alka-Seltzer in the house, I do have those fizzy vitamin C tablets, would they do the trick?

By pure chance I do have two slices of bacon too. Will let you know how I get on!

Moanyoldcow Mon 15-May-17 08:05:31

Two soluble solpadeine, sausage roll, salt and vinegar mccoys and an orange lucozade.

Railgunner1 Mon 15-May-17 08:05:41

Kefir or ayran

mayrat Mon 15-May-17 08:07:50

We have no shop in walking distance, and I'm not certain I'm under the limit enough to drive yet. Remedies will need to be of the store cupboard kind!

blackteasplease Mon 15-May-17 08:08:16

I find sleep is the only helpful thing. Unhelpful of me..

Before you go to bed drink loads of water. And paracetamol before bed.

In the morning more water and paracetamol. Plenty of liquids. A decent breakfast.

Supersoaryflappypigeon Mon 15-May-17 08:09:30

You need to rehydrate. Have you been sick?

orangefolly Mon 15-May-17 08:11:03

I like half and half fruit juice and cold fizzy water when I am hungover. And YY to marmite toast! Coffee always makes me feel worse although I normally love it. Hope you feel better OP.

mayrat Mon 15-May-17 08:11:51

Took two ibuprofen in the middle of the night last night, and yes, water. Haven't been sick, but have a bit of an upset tummy. That's a euphemism, I'm shitting like a good one.

RoganJosh Mon 15-May-17 08:12:15

Drink as much as you can, whether it's tea, coke, squash. Whatever you can stomach.

whifflesqueak Mon 15-May-17 08:12:21

I was at work (in a pub!) until 2am last night. I drank a bit on the job as it was such a late one.

and then my children woke me up at 5am! I'm more tired than hungover, so it's cbeebies, coffee and snuggles in this house today.

I find a good long shower helps. hope you feel better soon!

mayrat Mon 15-May-17 08:14:01

Everyone is being so kind. I expected to get my arse handed to me for getting drunk. I so rarely drink, and your support is so appreciated. I might be a bit emotional too.

Supersoaryflappypigeon Mon 15-May-17 08:16:29

Do you have any fizzy sugary pop? And make sure to keep eating!

I won't hand your arse to you-I like my wine on a weekend and although it's been a while since I've had a hangover when I do get one I get a bad one sad

SaucyJack Mon 15-May-17 08:17:13

Get dressed and go out for a walk somewhere quiet and safe where you won't need to stress over your toddler.

Blows the cobwebs away much quicker than sitting on the sofa feeling sorry for oneself.

CottonSock Mon 15-May-17 08:19:59

Jump in shower with toddler... eat what you fancy.
Glass on wine hehe?

Don't be hard on yourself, I bet it was a fun night

mayrat Mon 15-May-17 08:31:08

It was a great night. Just me and one of my old school friends, who unfortunately happened to be head of her drinking society at university. Made the mistake of keeping up with her.

Woke my DH up at 2 AM, giggling that I had two legs. Have no recollection of this.

mayrat Mon 15-May-17 09:12:07

Disaster has struck. It appears DH ate the last of the bacon when I was out last night. Obviously I'm going to LTB but short term I'm stuck with trying to force lardons into a sandwich. Not happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now