Talk

Advanced search

To not know if Y2 SATS start today?

(15 Posts)
ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Mon 15-May-17 07:14:42

DC woken up with a temperature.
My mind is blank.
Are SATS for Y2 this week?

I know IABU, but thought this will get the most traffic..much more than theeducation topic.

What happens if I keep her off?

grasspigeons Mon 15-May-17 07:16:25

The Y2 ones happen in May but there is more choice over when. This is the last week they can be done. If she is off ill, she will likely do them a day or two late.

Shortandsweet20 Mon 15-May-17 07:16:53

It is different in each school they have until the last week in May! The best thing to do is ring you school, if they are ill I imagine they will just sit it tomorrow smile

Thewolfsjustapuppy Mon 15-May-17 07:17:40

The SATs start this week
Don't send her to school if she is unwell. Nothing bad will happen to you or the school.

MirandaWest Mon 15-May-17 07:18:12

They may already have happened, depending on how low key the school is keeping them. At our school they were last week and will be this this week too, according to the newsletter.

InvisibleKittenAttack Mon 15-May-17 07:18:50

Most schools round here it's today, however don't factor this into your decision to keep dc off, they don't matter to the children.

grasspigeons Mon 15-May-17 07:18:58

Your right I'm a week ahead of myself and thinking it's half term next week.

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Mon 15-May-17 07:21:33

Thank you very much everyone. I'll call the school asap & just keep her off.

waterlego Mon 15-May-17 07:24:53

My DD did hers last week.

autumnboys Mon 15-May-17 07:26:52

Our yr2 SATS started last week. Ds3 has been off sick since Wednesday and won't be back until tomorrow at the earliest. School have been very relaxed about it. Hope your DD feels better soon.

MrsKCastle Mon 15-May-17 07:28:02

They can be any time in May. If a child is ill they can do them when they return.

Looneytune253 Mon 15-May-17 07:28:59

Ours have already done them. Half the time they don't even know they're doing them.

TheWhiteRoseOfYork Mon 15-May-17 07:29:39

My DD had dreadful flu during Yr2 SATs week. I had no choice but to keep her off, she actually could not get out of bed! She took them when she got back to school. She is in Yr7 now and does not appear to have suffered any terrible consequences, and nor does the school! Kids get ill, the school will deal with it. Hope your DC gets better soon.

countingkids123 Mon 15-May-17 10:06:33

Our school is doing them next week. But don't worry. We've been told that teacher assessments can be substitutes for sats results if need be. Don't forget, they are school assessment tests, not child assessment tests and (IMO anyway) one of the most ridiculous things to have been invented with regards to the current education system.

countingkids123 Mon 15-May-17 10:09:30

*substituted not substitutes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now