Talk

Advanced search

TO wonder if lazy spas are a pain in the arse like paddling pools

(7 Posts)
Moomoomango Sun 14-May-17 22:37:54

I am really attracted to the idea of getting a hot tub, for many reasons but mainly therapeutic for my OH who has a number of joint issues etc. I of course an going to enjoy it too! We don't have funds for those lovely proper hot tubs, so we are looking at the lazy spas as a more affordable alternative.

Are they good? Are they a pita like paddling pools ( always cleaning, inflating, fishing leaves or dead bugs out)?

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Sun 14-May-17 22:41:17

A lot worse, you have to continually buy filters, chemicals etc to keep the water clean.

You can hire hot tubs, they bring to you and set it up.

Wando1986 Sun 14-May-17 22:42:59

Just get a whirlpool bath

Willyorwonte Sun 14-May-17 22:45:08

No leaves or dead bugs, it has a cover. Which is essential to keep heat in and children out when not being used.
I love ours, very relaxing and comfortable.
It's simple as farting to put up and use.
Cleaning is minimal, a low dose of chemicals keep the water good for much much longer than paddling pools.
It's soooooo much cheaper than a permanent hot tub and you can pack it away if you change your mind or move house.

ghostyslovesheets Sun 14-May-17 22:47:45

I loved mine - easy to use, easy to clean and keep fresh

sadly my cat decided to claw it - and is died - can't find the hole to patch it sad

Silverdream Sun 14-May-17 22:47:51

Easy to maintain , clean and put up. Get one they're great.

Willyorwonte Sun 14-May-17 22:49:53

Filters can be cleaned to prolong their life.
They are not that expensive. Can't remember actually but not lots of ££££.

Need to be close to power source for the pump, need to be close enough to run a hose pipe for filling it up and a drain for emptying it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now