Talk

Advanced search

Michael Fallon. Phillip Hammond. Boris Johnson. Jeremy Hunt.

(15 Posts)
Springheeled Sun 14-May-17 22:12:14

AIBU to think it's weird to have threads slagging off female politicians all the time in the most personal and unpleasant ways- on a website predominantly populated by women, and when women are massively underrepresented in parliament -and yet to have almost none on these seriously sick making, and frankly dangerous at times, male politicians?

I would just like to say that I would take Emily Thornberry over the four men mentioned above any day of the week. I also prefer Nicola Sturgeon and Leane Wood to Tim Farron. And I am hoping to see a lot more of Angela Rayner and Cat Smith in the next couple of weeks.

onalongsabbatical Sun 14-May-17 22:46:33

Completely bloody agree with you!
Seems to me it's often women getting scared by outspoken women, not recognising their own internalised misogeny.
I could spend a long, long time listing male politicians I'm hacked off with before finding the need to add in a woman.
May and Thatcher are massive exceptions to this rule, though.
Sorry no time to justify any of that 'cos I'm off to bed - hope I wake up to a nice long thread grown overnight on the subject though, OP!

SeaWitchly Sun 14-May-17 22:51:20

Agree.

Where is Jeremy Hunt by the way... has he come out of hiding yet post NHS computer virus scandal hmm

Fruitcorner123 Sun 14-May-17 22:53:02

100% in agreement!

HardcoreLadyType Sun 14-May-17 22:54:54

Yes, Jeremy Hunt. Not working on the weekend then?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 14-May-17 23:01:38

Phew. Ive just nearly had a heart palpitation.
I thought we had to pick one to shag. Before I opened your thread. grin
Joking aside though. I fully agree.

noblegiraffe Sun 14-May-17 23:03:39

You forgot Philip Davies the misogynist.

However I did run a thread a couple of weeks back about politicians you wanted to see humiliated at the GE, and women and men were fairly and equally represented.

GraceGrape Sun 14-May-17 23:05:39

I so wish this attempt to unseat Jeremy Hunt would work. Apparently the local Labour and Lib Dem parties have agreed not to campaign for their candidates in support of Dr Louise Irvine of the National Health Action Party. I think Hunt astoundingly has a huge majority though.

ExplodedCloud Sun 14-May-17 23:06:14

Honestly I think we should be calling out politicians on their performance. The men you mention are appalling but I don't think we need to be nice about women politicians just because of their chromosomes.
And yes where the fuck is Jeremy Hunt? Why is Amber Rudd being wheeled out to peddle half truths?
Why isn't he in front of the cameras?
Has the Prime Minister commented or is she too busy dodging the Public?

GraceGrape Sun 14-May-17 23:06:52

I do think that Phillip Hammond is one of the few relatively reasonable cabinet members left though, so I'd rather hang on to him than see him replaced by someone like Gove or IDS!

noblegiraffe Sun 14-May-17 23:08:32

The results from my anti-election were
Top ten most unpopular politicians in reverse order:
Number 10 and 9 would have been Nicola Sturgeon (9 votes)and George Osborne (10 votes) but Nic doesn't count and Gidz has taken himself out of the running. So we have:
9th= place: Iain Duncan-Smith CON with 8 votes
9th= place: Alex Salmond SNP with 8 votes
8th place: Jacob Rees-Mogg CON with 11 votes
7th place: Philip Davies CON with 13 votes
6th place: Boris Johnson CON with 24 votes
5th place: Theresa May CON with 26 votes
4th place: Jeremy Corbyn LAB with 32 votes
3rd place: Michael Gove CON with 38 votes
2nd place: Diane Abbott LAB with 39 votes

But the runaway leader in first place with a humongous number wanting to see him humiliatingly defeated is the distinctly unpopular
1st place: Jeremy Hunt CON with 56 votes

PlummyBrummy Sun 14-May-17 23:11:02

Ooh, I was just coming on to answer 'one bullet'!

I'd add the ever-malodorous Lucy Allan to the twat list though. She's dreadful.

Springheeled Sun 14-May-17 23:35:43

It's true that female MPs don't put themselves above criticism or somehow become likeable or even competent just because they are female. But I do wonder why they attract a disproportionate amount of opprobrium.
To completely lower the tone, it's also weird that Jeremy Hunt tops Noblegiraffe's poll and yet would also surely be the only choice in a 'which of the four MPs in the title would you shag if your life depended on it' poll

jellyfrizz Mon 15-May-17 09:10:32

Yes, Jeremy Hunt. Not working on the weekend then?

grin

DoNotBlameMeIVotedRemain Mon 15-May-17 10:49:06

Why do people hate Fallon specifically? He seems more likeable than the rest...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now