Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to dump friend

(4 Posts)
Poshtottykins Sun 14-May-17 15:38:39

Friends father has committed and been jailed for serious fraud (millions) from relatively small investors and people who were supposedly his friends. While I understand her shock and upset at him being jailed - I am getting increasingly upset at her attitude that she has lost her 'inheritance' and total lack of compassion for his victims - many of whom we both know and are friends with ! Many who can not now pay off their mortgages or care home fees. We attend a local institution together and have some social contact - AIBU to avoid her even though she is constantly looking for support and sympathy ?

Aeroflotgirl Sun 14-May-17 15:40:37

I would distance myself, I would find it very hard to support her, if she is that self centred.

HildaOg Sun 14-May-17 15:42:29

I would tell her exactly what you told us and tell her that you can no longer be friends with her if she can't get her head out of her selfish arse and realise that the only victims are those he defrauded. She sounds just as nasty as her dad.

CinnamonSwirlGirl85 Sun 14-May-17 15:56:39

YANBU. Completely agree with the previous posters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now