Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you if the initial bleeding on Cerelle will EVER end?!

(18 Posts)
PARunnerGirl Sun 14-May-17 07:26:22

A blatant post here for traffic- sorry!

Started it on Day 1 as instructed, so first day of period. I am now on day 9 and still bleeding! Not red but (TMI approaching!) annoying thin, watery brown.

I am hoping that perhaps there will be one long bleed at the start and then I'll be one of these women that get no periods on it!

Can anyone here remember their first month on it, how long it took to settle (if it ever did!) and whether or not they get periods now?

I started it because I am in a (fairly) new relationship but there ain't much opportunity to enjoy things fullly at the moment, with this continuous bleeding!

HighMountain Sun 14-May-17 07:30:09

Sorry to say I hated it with a passion. 6 months of bleeding onn and off. No pattern to it. Bleds throughout the month. Eventually came to my senses and swapped to something else.

PARunnerGirl Sun 14-May-17 07:34:09

Thanks for your experience :-) I will give it the three months I guess, but if it is 3 more months like this I am dreading it!

Teacupinastorm Sun 14-May-17 07:35:46

My doctor decided to switch me to this pill after many happy and trouble free years on cerazette. No bleeding but within a week I was doubled up on the floor with period cramps so bad I thought I was miscarrying. I stopped taking it and never had any more pains. Went back to the doctor and had an implant put in. No trouble since.

boodles101 Sun 14-May-17 07:37:59

I had about 6 days of bleeding and now I'm on month 3 of no periods. BUT I am also ebf so if no idea if it's down to that or Cerelle.

PARunnerGirl Sun 14-May-17 07:46:54

I've done a bit of research and these threads always seem to be like this.. there is no motmot appears. Boodles- I want your experience!

Stickerrocks Sun 14-May-17 07:52:00

I think it took about 2 weeks to settle with the odd break through thereafter for the first few months. After that, pretty much nothing for the last 8 years & I'm no longer a hormonal mess.

Ulysses Sun 14-May-17 07:52:45

I've been on it for 6 months, still bleeding every 3-4 weeks. I was previously having super heavy periods and debilitated by them. Now they are lighter but still last 5 days.

Theworst Sun 14-May-17 07:53:28

I have been on cerelle over a year now and in that time I have only had a bit of bleeding once when I took it too late. I swore I would never use hormonal contraception again but this has changed my life. I really hope it works for you. A lot of people on MN have found it doesn't agree with them.

PARunnerGirl Sun 14-May-17 07:53:29

Motmot = normal! HAHA!

The only good thing to come out of this is that I bought a mooncup because I felt like I was funding Tampax shareholders kids through college due to the amount I was buying. OMG.. life changing and no exaggeration!

Trb17 Sun 14-May-17 07:53:49

I had a few days of bleeding. Then a few weeks of spotting. Then a few years of no periods. Bloody love it. Hopefully you'll be the same.

NavyandWhite Sun 14-May-17 07:54:07

This posting for traffic business is getting ridiculous!

Have you posted in the relevant section first OP?

Hulder Sun 14-May-17 07:54:32

Mine took three months. Then never bled again - marvellous.

PARunnerGirl Sun 14-May-17 07:54:40

More good than bad! Yay! Crossing fingers...

Trb17 Sun 14-May-17 07:55:51

Ps actually a few years on Cerazette to start. Then moved to Cerelle as it's same drug and been great in Cerelle too. No periods.

Theworst Sun 14-May-17 07:55:57

Sorry I didn't answer the question. YANBU to ask if the initial bleeding will ever end.

okilydokily Sun 14-May-17 08:00:01

I started taking it last year. Had on/off bleeding for about a month. Not really bleeding, just brown gunk (sorry!). I've not had any bleeding since. It's great from that point of view. I think it's also helped me lose a few pounds. However, it has slightly killed my libido sad

HandbagFan Sun 14-May-17 08:05:34

I was on cerazette for 3.5yrs with nonperiod after an initial bleed. Took Cerelle after DS was born and no bleed at all. For me it works and I couldn't be happier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now