Talk

Advanced search

Chicken pox twattery.

(24 Posts)
fanfrickintastic Sat 13-May-17 18:52:55

AIBU to think this mum is a twat?

Kids get chicken pox, I get that. I appreciate that as much as it would be better they didn't, people do have to take their poxy child out of the house (emergency supplies, school run when you have no one else) but no one, under any circumstances has to take their clearly pox ridden 7month (ish) to fucking SOFT PLAY!

Woman had no other kids with her, the baby was very obviously covered in pox, many not crusted over. Why oh why would someone do that? And she clearly didn't care as the child was dressed in a very strappy and skin baring summer outfit.

I cannot think of a single good reason someone would do this.

PurpleDaisies Sat 13-May-17 18:53:36

She's totally out of order and massively selfish.

Februaryjones Sat 13-May-17 18:54:05

Only reasons are they are extremely selfish as well as being unbelievably thick.

luckylucky24 Sat 13-May-17 18:55:31

I saw a few at soft play recently with spots. Was unsure if they were crusted over so kept away as best I could. Find it frustrating though.

Astro55 Sat 13-May-17 18:57:54

I sometimes feel I am the only one who was glad my kids caught chicken pox young

So much worse when they're older

Maybe they weren't chicken pox did you ask her?

waybalooo Sat 13-May-17 18:59:10

Yanbu if some were still not crusted over! That's very selfish!
But then again there is no escaping chicken pox... it's a huge pain in the ass

PurpleDaisies Sat 13-May-17 18:59:45

Astro it's irrelevant whether you're pleased your children had chicken pox. Those children at the soft play could cause serious health problems for anyone who is immunocompromised. It's beyond selfish to take children with active spots out.

fanfrickintastic Sat 13-May-17 19:01:49

astro I'd not be too fussed about DS getting chicken pox. I just think soft play is out of order. I saw 3 or 4 new borns and several obviously pregnant mums.

ThinkOfAWittyNameLater Sat 13-May-17 19:02:37

Hang on. Why did the soft play staff let this child in? Or if child was covered at arrival, ask them to leave when it became obvious she was still contagious?

YANBU

KC225 Sat 13-May-17 19:21:12

YANBU. My twins caught chicken pox from Gymboree class. Only 10 kids in their group one child had it and they all caught it. Apparently, the parent didn't know the child in question was 'live'. Did anyone say anything to her?

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 13-May-17 19:21:18

I saw a child at the zoo a few weeks ago with raging chicken pox. I'm heavily pregnant and ds hasn't had it, so I was really worried ds would break out around the time the baby was born.

fluffandsnuff Sat 13-May-17 19:30:06

Unusual I'm in the same situation and have just booked my DS in for the jab- it just seems to be bloody everywhere at the moment and I know of 2 people whose newborns got it after their elder child was infected.

OP YANBU

Quartz2208 Sat 13-May-17 19:34:00

It could be hand foot and mouth which has no quarantine. Ds had that everywhere (all over his face, hands and legs and feet) and I'm sure people thought it was chicken pox

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 13-May-17 19:38:08

I agree but she might not be being intentionally selfish. Some people are just completely ignorant about how viruses spread and what could happen if an immune-compromised person contracted it.

daisypond Sat 13-May-17 19:54:57

Yep, maybe she didn't know. Child comes up in rash and spots, parent doesn't know what it is, takes the child to the GP, probably bumping into all sorts of people who have other conditions there. I suspect it's quite common for that to happen.

Fortunatepiggy Sat 13-May-17 20:08:18

We were at bluestone ( Welsh centerparcs) last week and one girl was covered in spots in the pool and in the park. She was hot so parents stripped her off to her chest and were so blatant that I couldn't believe that they would bring her with chicken pox but I can't think what else it could be. Tried to keep my ds away from her but I think if she did have chickenpox it is inevitable that he will get it ( along with every other child there☹️)

wheresthel1ght Sat 13-May-17 20:38:12

Unless you spoke to her you have no idea that she did actually have chicken pox.

I got yelled at by some idiot at a soft play when dd was about 10 months for taking good her with pox, and she was not keen on being told that dd did not have chicken pox but a form of eczema that presents as blisters and scabs on a similar manner.

Yabu to assume

fanfrickintastic Sat 13-May-17 21:27:35

think she came in in a car seat carried by mum, so less obvious. There table was near ours, I didn't notice the spots until she took the cardigan off and brought baby in to the toddler area to play.

I mentioned it to the soft play manager, and they were going to have a word, I didn't feel it was my place to question her childs spots, as others say, it is possible it wasn't CP, though it looked exactly like them - more on the body than the arms and legs and just a few on her head/ face.

fanfrickintastic Sat 13-May-17 21:40:09

*their.

Sedona123 Sat 13-May-17 22:14:10

YANBU.

When we went to Legoland there was a girl there absolutely covered in chickenpox that wasn't scabbed over. I didn't notice her until she was in the junior driving waiting area with my DS, (lots of kids standing together without their parents) so I couldn't get DS well away from her. After just a couple of minutes in one of the cars she started crying so her Mum went over to her, and was loudly saying to the staff that her poor DD wasn't feeling very well at all! 😡

Tomorrowillbeachicken Sat 13-May-17 22:16:33

Yanbu. She's a twat. To be fair I also think the staff shouldn't have sold her a ticket and refused entry.

Screwinthetuna Sat 13-May-17 23:03:24

Used to piss me off so much and give me bad anxiety as it was always 2 weeks before a holiday or important event that we would be standing in the queue in the supermarket and realise we were next to a kid with pox.
Both of mine were absolutely covered and it was an awful 2 weeks but the relief now I see a kid with chickenpox is massive! I found it's harder to catch than you think (mine were exposed a few times before they caught it and I took one of mine to playgroup when they had 1 spot as I thought it was a random spot and not chicken pox as she wasn't at all ill and nobody caught it) so try to forget about it

bumbleymummy Sat 13-May-17 23:29:53

Some people don't realise their children are still contagious until the spots scab over. One mum told me her child was no longer contagious because the spots had come out. Maybe others think this as well?

Flopjustwantscoffee Sat 13-May-17 23:33:11

Could it be pricky heat? I used to get this as soon as it started getting warm (still do when it's very hot) and it does look like chicken pox but is completely non-contagious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now