Talk

Advanced search

to ask my neighbour why in the hell they are constantly drying black bin bags

(510 Posts)
KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Sat 13-May-17 18:29:29

My next door neighbours constantly have black bin bags on their washing line. Not in their main garden but in the side return, right next to our house. Our kitchens look into the other but we have a fence up which just about blocks us from seeing each other. However day and night for the past 2-3 months they have had black bin bags on their washing line. I wouldn't give a crap about what people have on their washing line ordinarily but it makes a right din, especially in the wind we have had recently. DS13's bedroom is at that end of the house and says he can hear them rustling really loudly all night long (which I know sounds ridiculous but they must have 4-5 bin bags rustling away at any one time).
These bin bags keep blowing up in the air too and our dogs are losing the plot about it, they don't usually bark much but 15ft glossy black apparitions springing up is sending them mad.

Every morning, when I'm in the office (we have an office annex in the garden so can see directly up their garden without effort) I can see her taking bags off the line and replacing them with new bags.

Come on, what am I missing here? Have a missed a bizarre trend? They are bizarre people as it is but I can't figure out wtf is going on here.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 13-May-17 18:32:31

You have to ask them, for my sanity as much as for yours!

Titsywoo Sat 13-May-17 18:33:28

Maybe those are their clothes?

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 13-May-17 18:34:19

Probably for scaring away birds and/or cats. Sounds really bloody annoying though!

glitterglitters Sat 13-May-17 18:34:27

Maybe they are their bedding but they've been darked on shock

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 13-May-17 18:34:58

I'm placemarking for this one!

dontcallmelen Sat 13-May-17 18:35:03

Serial killers washing away any evidence, ready to be re-used for their next victims maybe?

selfishmommy Sat 13-May-17 18:35:03

There was a thread on here a week or so with extreme examples of money saving - I bet reusing bin bags was on it!

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 13-May-17 18:35:33

Maybe they are their bedding but they've been darked on grin

NormaSmuff Sat 13-May-17 18:35:41

i thought like a scare crow but why replace them?
they obviously just wash them

ZilphasHatpin Sat 13-May-17 18:35:52

grin at these answers!

Paddingtonthebear Sat 13-May-17 18:36:16

Yes you must ask them.

How bizarre.

Are they there to scare something away perhaps?

Are they using them for bedding for a puppy or small animals?

Weird. I would just say you wondered what the purpose is as they are very noisy and keep you awake at night

angelikacpickles Sat 13-May-17 18:36:26

Probably for scaring away birds and/or cats. Sounds really bloody annoying though!

Why would they need to be replaced every morning though?

Moanyoldcow Sat 13-May-17 18:36:30

Please find out and report back. This has my mind in overdrive.

<possibly need a hobby>

SaucyJack Sat 13-May-17 18:37:30

I think I've read about it before!

It was in a book called How To Fuck With Your Nosy Neighbours.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 13-May-17 18:37:34

What, what?

Shockers Sat 13-May-17 18:37:48

I think they have a new pet and are lining the floor of the space it sleeps in with them!

NormaSmuff Sat 13-May-17 18:38:10

do they have any other odd habits?

DonaldStott Sat 13-May-17 18:38:48

Maybe they are their bedding but they've been darked on

Fpmsl

Shockers Sat 13-May-17 18:38:54

What does 'darked on' mean?

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Sat 13-May-17 18:38:59

So no one knows if a new trend? I did wonder if they were using them for privacy because our house is higher up that theirs so we could see into their house if we didn't have a trellis (which they seem to have attached plastic climbing plants too) and they have some kind of screening sticker at their window.

Surely washing bin bags to reuse would mean you emptying rubbish directly into your outdoor bin though selfish?

MyWhatICallNameChange Sat 13-May-17 18:41:08

Maybe they're not bin bags but dementors and their house is really a prison for wizards?

LightYears Sat 13-May-17 18:41:16

Maybe those are their clothes? grin
Maybe they are their bedding but they've been darked on shock what does that mean shit on? grin
You'll have to ask them OP, what a mystery.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Sat 13-May-17 18:41:32

saucy Ha! Best bit is they are the nosy bastards of this street (and their nosy bastard relative across the way), including telling everyone we think we are "above ourselves" for getting our shopping delivered...from Morrisons. 😂😂

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Sat 13-May-17 18:42:56

These replies are great but you have made my mind go even more swirly.
They do have a dog but he lives in the garden (poor thing) so I can't see that they are for housebreaking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now