Talk

Advanced search

New threads not old

(9 Posts)
sunshinesupermum Sat 13-May-17 17:02:18

AIBU to expect people to begin new threads rather than tack on to old ones?

Two property threads today - one 10 years old and the other 2016 which I began reading and begin commenting on before realising that they were not current threads at all. Just start a new one guys, please.

LIZS Sat 13-May-17 17:06:07

Yanbu. There seems to have a series of random revival of Zombie threads recently.

Floralnomad Sat 13-May-17 17:11:32

I must admit I revived an old thread in Telly Addicts but at least there it's still relevant . I think the zombie post notice needs to be bigger - like splashed across the page at an angle , or a big red X

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sat 13-May-17 17:32:16

It's been suggested. HQ are concerned about putting newbies off.

Sparklingbrook Sat 13-May-17 17:34:30

We have asked so many times. sad But the latest reason was what Empress said.

AvonBarksdale99 Sat 13-May-17 17:35:57

A lot of other forums discourage multiple threads on the same subject, and would actually like people to comment on an older thread about the same subject

thesunpeeksthrough Sat 13-May-17 17:36:20

To be fair, people do start squawking about such-a-thread being 'done' 1000 times, too.

Sparklingbrook Sat 13-May-17 17:36:55

Yes, I quite like MN because it's different to other forums.

There will be a 'Like' button next. sad

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sat 13-May-17 18:42:43

People have also suggested a gentle suggestion at the top of zombie threads that it might be better to start a fresh one.

After all, it must be equally if not more off-putting for newbies to have their post responded to with a flood of complaints about zombies which probably don't even make sense to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now