Talk

Advanced search

People assume I would like to have larger breasts

(193 Posts)
Nineinchnails Sat 13-May-17 16:44:03

Why do people (three good friends have mentioned this) who have large breasts think that I must want large breasts.
I have no issue with my 34A boobs and neither does my DP. If I had bigger boobs I would be overweight. These friends have large breasts but are also overweight.
One asked, don't you ever consider chicken fillets? Umm no.
I have no issues with my body although others seem to see the imperfections. It infuriates me that everyone assumes you must have some issues, what are we teaching our DDs if this is the case? AIBU?

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Sat 13-May-17 17:25:05

I'm with you. I like my small boobs. Itty bitty titty committee for ever! grin

MickeyRooney Sat 13-May-17 17:26:55

YANBU.
i've had a fair bit of piss taking over the years because of my small boobs. i'm actually not happy with them either, but i'm not prepared to have surgery. i seem to be stubbornly flat-chested (nothing makes them bigger, not the pill and not even weight gain).
i've learned to accept it.
people are rude and think they can just pass comment on personal appearance as they see fit.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 13-May-17 17:27:06

I have big boobs, they never but in a pain in the tits. Literally!!

Heirhelp Sat 13-May-17 17:30:00

I have big boobs. I am overweight now but even when I was not I had much larger than average boobs. I would prefer not to and they were a disadvantage when breast feeding.

Nineinchnails Sat 13-May-17 17:32:59

My small boobs mean I can run for the bus more easily, play sports etc, what are the advantages of big boobs that people think I am missing out on? Other than attention from people who like big boobs.

UpTownFuck Sat 13-May-17 17:33:55

I'm not overweight but do have large boobs I would love to have small boobs and be able to go bra free!

Nineinchnails Sat 13-May-17 17:35:32

I would love to go bra free, I often do at home but considering the previous comments I've had, people would be mortified that I would be showing off my small boobs, which are so unattractive.

Asmoto Sat 13-May-17 17:35:50

I gaze with envy at anyone who's smaller than a C cup.

WankingMonkey Sat 13-May-17 17:35:57

I have ridiculously large tits and would give anything for smaller ones. Cannot afford a boob reduction though and my GP says even though they cause me pain the NHS won't fund it either. Kind of grates when I see people getting enlargements on the NHS and I do wonder if the reason for turning down reductions is because men are in charge of the final decision hmm (only half serious)

BaronessBomburst Sat 13-May-17 17:36:55

I have big boobs. They are a pain. Clothes don't fit, they get in the way. I'd far rather be an A or B cup.
I'm not overweight though. You can be busty without being overweight.

isupposeitsverynice Sat 13-May-17 17:38:33

New look currently have adorable little non wired bralet things for £6.99, for the middle ground. I've been going without a bra for a while now and no one seems to have noticed, or if they have, they haven't been rude enough to comment!

SunsetBeetch Sat 13-May-17 17:38:56

Not everyone who has large breasts is overweight hmm

But apart from that, YANBU unreasonable. Do you think they could actually be a bit jealous of you? Kind of tatty behaviour from them anyway.

SunsetBeetch Sat 13-May-17 17:39:27

*twatty

Foureyesarebetterthantwo Sat 13-May-17 17:40:26

I don't know when this intolerance to difference started. When I was younger (ok two decades or more ago), people just accepted their variations much more happily- I had friends with absolutely no chest to speak of at all, myself in a B cup in the middle, with lots of friends with larger chests. We weren't that bothered about them.

About 5 years ago I saw a documentary about women who were having breast implants, and they were saying things like 'I've only got a B cup and always felt inadequate, men laughed at them etc'- no-one ever laughed at me, or indeed my friends with considerably less up top!

Thank god I grew up when this was just less of an issue -having the chance to change seems to have narrowed everyone's visions of what women look like and not in a good way.

Areyoufree Sat 13-May-17 17:40:48

I hate the fact that it is 'acceptable' for friends to make jokes about my boobs. I assume people think it's okay because I am slim, but it annoys me. I have had friends have a whole public Facebook chat about my small boobs (why do you wear a bra? Would you still wear gloves if you didn't have hands?). Why is it ever okay to comment on somebody else's body?

Birdsgottaf1y Sat 13-May-17 17:41:46

I've got big boobs and all they do is get sweaty underneath and stop me from buying tops that I like.

I can't go bra shopping in every shop and in every style. There's dresses that I can't get because to fit my boobs I have to go a size up, which means that I lose the shape.

I wouldn't change them, though, I've successfully BF three babies.

I know how you feel. I like being short, people have always assumed that I want to be taller, which is annoying.

GinSwigmore Sat 13-May-17 17:42:35

I have small boob envy. envy Have never been able to wear a halter top sad. I am also at the age and after ebf x3 that gravity has defeated me (do not tell me yet again it's pregnancy not bf that causes sagginess or I might have to fling my bust at you. Will take an eye out). wink

JacquesHammer Sat 13-May-17 17:43:47

My small boobs mean I can run for the bus more easily, play sports

I have massive norks. I can do those things quite easily confused

YANBU though to expect your friends not to make comments on your breast size though.

But nor do you have to infer criticism on people with larger breasts in order to prove your own happiness with yours

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Sat 13-May-17 17:46:55

Yeah the women who tell you they wouldn't bother wearing a bra if they had such small boobs would be the first to tell you about nipple issues if you followed their "advice".

I have the same small boobs as DM and she massively chicken fillets and wears padded bras and she ALWAYS asks why I don't. There's not really a non bitchy way of saying "because luckily I don't have the self esteem issues that you've been trying to force on me for 30 odd years".

lljkk Sat 13-May-17 17:48:41

I would love 34As. Mine are only D cup thank goodness, but Acup looks lovely jubbly.

I found out from MN that a lot of women have huge self-esteem issues about their breasts.

Screwinthetuna Sat 13-May-17 17:49:38

Just wait until they're older and resting on their tummies and reverse it smile Or say 'wouldn't you want smaller ones so you would look slimmer?' wink
As a young girl I always hated my little 32b boobs. I still wear a padded bra as it gives them a better shape but would hate bigger boobs now!

MyheartbelongstoG Sat 13-May-17 17:50:18

I have big isn boobs and I can run for the bus no problem.

I like having big boobs.

treaclesoda Sat 13-May-17 17:51:47

I don't know when this intolerance to difference started. When I was younger (ok two decades or more ago), people just accepted their variations much more happily

I'm not sure I agree with this. I'm in my early 40s. When I was a teenager, the only acceptable shape to be was flat chested and very slender, the waif look, Kate Moss etc. If you had big boobs you were not envied, you were pitied (if you were lucky) and mocked (if you were unlucky). I am, unfortunately, busty and when I started going to clubs aged 17 I remember being taken aback by the sheer hatred that men had for my breasts. I had strangers come up to me to tell me that 'huge tits are so disgusting they make me feel sick', I had people punch me in the breasts 'because they're disgusting' and I once had someone try to stub a cigarette out on my breast.

I have never actually known a woman in real life who wishes she has bigger breasts but I've known dozens who wished they were smaller...

CabbagePatchKid91 Sat 13-May-17 17:51:49

I was double A. Loved it as I could wear whatever I liked without thinking about bras. Now I have bloody huge breastfeeding boobs that fee alien on my body

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now