Talk

Advanced search

To Alert you to this Pack

(4 Posts)
IamSlave Sat 13-May-17 15:43:35

www.packforapurpose.org/

I went to place many moons ago and really regretted not taking anything now by chance I saw this - thought anyone else might like to be aware of it - next time you go to poor country smile

Hefzi Sat 13-May-17 15:58:04

Or, where available, you can buy eg exercise books, children's clothes, formula etc in the country itself to donate, and have twice the impact through putting your money into the local economy and supporting local businesses. Just throwing it out there...

IamSlave Sat 13-May-17 16:12:16

Did you look at the link Hefzi, it is seems to to break down what each place may need eg malaria nets in Zimbabwe. some places like Zimbabwe it's harder to buy stuff there, there are shortages of so many things.

Hefzi Sat 13-May-17 21:27:28

Yes, indeed I didsmile Hence why I said "where available" I've previously taken nets to South Sudan, where they are scarce: but for a number of countries, it has the whole exercise books and pencils etc-which are better bought in country than from the UK, for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now