Page 6 | To not wash my bra very often

(379 Posts)
sarahconnorsbiceps Sat 13-May-17 13:53:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
rightwhine Sat 13-May-17 19:40:19

I wash them when I think "haven't washed this for a while". I'm larger of boob but have never washed a bra because it smells or looks dirty - unless it is a sports bra which gets sweaty.

I really think that some people must sweat more than others. Even working out I get more sweaty around my head than my body.

WaitingYetAgain Sat 13-May-17 19:41:49

Debenhams do 28 and 30 back sizes in up to an H cup. They are around £20 each. I have bought bras from them in the sale £8 for a £30 branded bra and £5-ish for their own brand big cup/small back ones. I managed to get 6 small backed/big boobed bras for around £30 from them when I needed a new size.

Brastop, if you don't mind ordering online, have bras down to 28 back size and up to a a K cup. Currently they have a 28K for £5.

I find the idea of barely never washing your bra quite odd as it is so close to your skin. If you wash your other clothes then I can't imagine why you wouldn't wash a bra as well. I would just bung it in with knickers, pyjamas/nighties and the like.

I think I am in the middle as I wash my bras every 3 days on average. Sometimes a little longer or shorter depending on the weather, what I have been doing and how my body is behaving All of mine can go in the machine now, so it's not annoying to wash them fairly frequently.

This is making me wonder about leggings, tights and skinny jeans. confused

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 13-May-17 19:42:16

clean underwear daily and gets washed after one wear

rightwhine Sat 13-May-17 19:42:17

I mean I do wash sports bras every wash because they are a bit sweaty.

WankingMonkey Sat 13-May-17 19:44:57

I have a thing about washing bedclothes every 2 days though. So whilst I am skanky by most peoples standards on the bra front...I make up for it by being a bit OTT about beds grin

No I do not use tampons. No idea where the bleached crotch of doom comes from blush

allthesinglelaydez Sat 13-May-17 19:47:22

Btw I wash my outer clothes more as they are just that - outer. In contact with goodness knows what.

Advertisement

gamerchick Sat 13-May-17 19:48:30

God don't admit you change your bed that often, it'll be translated as washing every day and they'll positively hunt you down for that on here wink

Nessie71 Sat 13-May-17 19:49:16

Whats with over washing everything i wear things 3/4 times before washing with the exception on nickers.

MyheartbelongstoG Sat 13-May-17 19:50:59

I change my bra every day and put into the wash with everything else I've worn that day.

I wouldn't wear something more than once without washing.

I just asked my boyfriend what he'd think if I wore my bra 10 times without washing, he said oh my heart stop talking, that's making me feel sick.

Ravenblack Sat 13-May-17 19:51:42

YABU sorry OP. I chuck my bra in the wash every 3rd time of wearing. (I have about 6 bras.) And if I have sweated a bit (gone for a long walk etc,) I will change it after wearing it once.

Leaving it on for a month is rank imo. It must stink. confused

WankingMonkey Sat 13-May-17 19:53:50

I just asked my boyfriend what he'd think if I wore my bra 10 times without washing, he said oh my heart stop talking, that's making me feel sick.

Yet chances are, unless you told him or your bra was a pure white silky affair...he wouldn't even notice wink

Its not like socks where they bloody reek after a day on your feet or anything

For me anyway...I kinda assume thats the same for others

Ravenblack Sat 13-May-17 19:53:57

I change underpants every day too. But shirts/tops maybe after 3 times of wearing. Depends if it smells! Never wear anything more than 4 times before washing it.

I wash the bed-sheets every 8-10 days (unless one of us is ill and sweats a lot in bed, or it's a very hot spell and we sweat a lot!)

Rollonbedtime7pm Sat 13-May-17 19:53:58

If you wear a crap size and they cost you £30 a time, you don't just "buy more" so you can wear a clean one every day!

Yes there are cheaper websites but they don't necessarily have your size in a style that works so it's not always that simple.

Wear for a week here OP, unless I need to change for colour under particular tops.

user1490734428 Sat 13-May-17 19:55:44

That's a bit pathetic. If mine don't smell, my BF doesn't care. I hardly ever wash my bras. Oh no, they've touched dead skin! How awful! Our culture nowadays is way too sterile and sanitised and it's how superbugs get borne. Not wiping your bum is disgusting. Not washing your bras every day is pretty normal.

OP, as someone else said, if you're happy and your family aren't telling you you stink, then carry on exactly how you are! Why are you changing your habits that have worked fine for you based on advice of internet strangers' standards?

sarahconnorsbiceps Sat 13-May-17 20:00:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
MyheartbelongstoG Sat 13-May-17 20:00:52

My white bras are white yes. I give them a rub with Fairy soap bar before I put them in the wash.

User - how is his opinion pathetic. It's not just dead skin though is it.

I wash myself from top to toe everyday, hair included. I often get complimented on how nice I smell. Not really a perfume wearer so it's definitely my lovely clean fresh clothes.

Etymology23 Sat 13-May-17 20:00:57

matilda have you tried napisan ? It's amazing for brightening things. I'd soak in that occasionally and if you're doing a white wash (would use non coloured bio for keeping things white here) you can pop some in the washing machine at the same time.

I try to remember to wash at least one bra a week, so I guess averaging 7 days wear? They're not in the sweaty part of my underarm and I barely sweat even in a sauna (!) so they're just not that bad. I also wear even t shirts twice if I've not been gardening or walking etc in them, and jeans tbh get worn until they're too baggy to deal with. Work dresses etc get a few wears out of them usually, and proper wool jumpers (which are never work next to my skin) seem to remain unsmelly almost indefinitely... I imagine I'm a slattern but I also know my various rellies would tell me if I smelt so I'm fairly sure I don't!

MyheartbelongstoG Sat 13-May-17 20:03:06

I care.

You can do what you like love, but wearing the same bra upto 10 times just wouldn't be for me that's all.

SheepyFun Sat 13-May-17 20:05:09

OP if it makes you feel better, I wear a bra for sport (a normal bra as I'm cycling) 2 or even 3 times - in my defence, I put it on just before cycling, which I do outside, and not in close proximity to others! Otherwise 4-7 wears per wash.

I'm another one with expensive bras (being a 34G means they need to be comfortable), but my life is too short for handwashing - they go in a laundry bag in the washing machine.

clary Sat 13-May-17 20:05:44

Eeewwww and I don't think I am especially picky (tho some might disagree).

I wash my bra every 1.5 wears; so if I wear it one day and then the next day wear a sports bra for a run then put yesterday's bra back on, that's OK; or if I start the day in my swimming cossie and put my bra on after the swim, then it can have another day. I swim or run every day so this complex routine does in fact make sense.

So today I was training at footy this am then went for a run; only put a (clean) proper bra on about 3pm, so will wear it tomorrow too. Sports bra is in the wash of course (on the line actually).

I wash my wired bras by hand btw as they cost £££ (I am a weird size). Tittygolightly I am small back big cup (30G) and recommend brastop as they are more like £20 than £35 as long as you don't mind bright pink etc.

user1490734428 Sat 13-May-17 20:05:48

I wash myself from top to toe everyday, hair included.

That's not really good for you though. It strips your scalp of its oils.

That's not just me saying that because I'm gross, you should Google it.

GruffaloPants Sat 13-May-17 20:14:05

YANBU.

I can't reveal the frequency of my bra washing or a mob would be sent round to try to burn me. As I'm clearly so oily it could be catastrophic.

MyheartbelongstoG Sat 13-May-17 20:16:03

I wouldn't get away with not washing every day, wished I could.

user1490734428 Sat 13-May-17 20:18:34

Oh sorry, just to be clear, I meant hair not body. I wash my body every day because of "downstairs". Hair maybe once-twice a week.

Even if you have oily hair, you can "train it up" to need less washing, or use different shampoos smile There's lots of good hair blogs on there with different methods.

Iris65 Sat 13-May-17 20:18:43

If I get sweaty in the day the bra goes in the wash.
If I am not sweaty then I wear a bra for 3 days before washing.
I have separate sport bras which are washed after every use.
Blouses/shirts/T shirts/knickers/socks/tights washed after one wear.
Jeans washed when objectively dirty.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in