Talk

Advanced search

To be just a tiny bit sad DH hadn't wished me a Happy Birthday yet?

(14 Posts)
Triskaidekaphilia Sat 13-May-17 00:43:33

It's only been my birthday for less than an hour but I usually wish him and my best friends happy birthday at midnight... we're both awake but doing different things, though have spoken a few times...
Ok, I basically know I'm being unreasonable but is it normal that I feel a little sad or do I need to pull myself together? confused

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 13-May-17 00:44:39

Damn, that should be hasn't, not hadn't blush

troodiedoo Sat 13-May-17 00:45:00

Happy birthday wine

Now pull yourself together.

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 13-May-17 00:47:15

Thanks troodiedoo haha grin

TigerBreadAddict Sat 13-May-17 00:49:24

YABU, sorry, but Happy Birthday!

loaferloveforyou Sat 13-May-17 00:50:43

Happy birthday cakewineflowersgin

sandgrown Sat 13-May-17 00:51:41

Happy Birthdaycake

fruitandbarley Sat 13-May-17 00:55:04

YABU! Happy Birthday. (Look at how you're treated on a daily basis and judge most other things from that).

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 13-May-17 00:56:05

No need to be sorry TigerBreadAddict I already kind of knew that... hence why I feel like I'm going to regret posting this after I've actually got some sleep blush especially as he'll have remembered by then grin

BeeThirtythree Sat 13-May-17 01:16:12

Now you'll have lots of lovely MNers wishing you a happy birthday! 💐

Happy Birthday 🎉Have a brilliant weekend celebrating OP

Hope you wake in a reasonable mood hehe 😂

IloveBanff Sat 13-May-17 01:25:57

Happy Birthday Triskaidekaphilia flowers cake and for goodness sake pull yourself together! wink

Triskaidekaphilia Sat 13-May-17 01:33:20

Ok, he said it just before saying goodnight, and also I feel like such a twat for even posting this on MN but thank you for the happy birthdays nonetheless. I promise I'm usually extremely level headed, I'm just in an oddly sensitive place right now. Have pulled self together/given self a biscuit ready to enjoy weekend grin

StillHungryy Sat 13-May-17 02:35:42

FFS OP GET A FUCKING GRIP!!angryangry

But really happy birthday OPcakewine!

He probably didn't see the time! But it's good he remembered grin

cariadlet Sat 13-May-17 07:31:29

I'm glad that he said Happy Birthday before saying goodnight as it cheered you up, but still think you were being a bit U.

Just because you wish people a Happy Birthday after midnight it doesn't mean they have to do the same. A lot of people think of birthdays as starting in the morning of the birthday rather than straight after midnight (even if that is literally the beginning of the birthday).

I thought you were going to say that you'd been up for a couple of hours and he still hadn't acknowledged your birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now