Talk

Advanced search

To be ADDICTED to mumsnet. (Lighthearted)

(19 Posts)
SugarnetMum Fri 12-May-17 22:46:12

Lighthearted but 100% serious....

I wake up, I check mumsnet on my phone, I try to watch a film, I end up on mumsnet, I go to bed, I want to go on mumsnet.

Wtf!! Never ending possibilities of different topics, situations and people aaahhgghghghfhh!!

Weeks ago when I used to work late night shifts I'd get home at 4 am and look forward to lying in bed on mumsnet until around 6...

Domino20 Fri 12-May-17 22:51:19

YANBU I haven't read a book for months since discovering the AIBU board.

MadameSzyszkoBohush Fri 12-May-17 22:52:27

I was. I gave it up for Lent and deleted the app. I'm back now though... Think it might be time to go cold turkey again.

Beerwench Fri 12-May-17 22:56:52

grin
Yeah I know what you mean I like to come on and have a good read when I've got a bit of free time, plenty I could be doing
I don't 'check' religiously but I do spend extended periods of time on here.
Usually in the bath or in bed, on the bus etc.
Makes me smile, makes me sad for some people's situations and helps me appreciate what I have.
I've also got some good advice by default, reading other peoples posts and answers.
I also like a good bunfight

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Fri 12-May-17 22:57:41

YA

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Fri 12-May-17 22:59:08

NBU
Glad it wasn't around when mine were little.

McTufty Fri 12-May-17 23:00:22

I forget what I did on train journeys before I discovered Mumsnet!

Kittencatkins123 Fri 12-May-17 23:38:57

I'm so addicted. I'm not even a mum. Non MNers think I'm weird.
But I've learned LOADS on MN and I think it has really helped me relationshipwise.
Take that haters grin

Asmoto Fri 12-May-17 23:42:55

I wanted to bold some text in a work email today, and found myself putting it in asterisks! Definitely spending too much time here grin.

SugarnetMum Fri 12-May-17 23:45:13

I'm not even a mum either??? God forbid when I do become one

toffeeboffin Fri 12-May-17 23:46:29

Me too.

No books for me since MN.

It's a lifesaver though

SugarnetMum Fri 12-May-17 23:46:34

Oh yes, bus journeys are a mumsnet goldmine. please no one try converse with me ... Bus please go as slow as you can as once I get into work I'll have to get off it.

EyeDrops Fri 12-May-17 23:47:55

I'm ashamed to admit, my poor toddler got to watch a LOT more tv than usual the day of the Frozen cake thread while I kept up with it..........

No I don't have a problem honest

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Fri 12-May-17 23:49:40

Toffee I've stopped reading books too sad

SnapJack68 Fri 12-May-17 23:55:48

What happened with the frozen cake thread?! I got to the big where everyone was saying don't pay for it and tht the glitter wasn't even edible then lost track of it!

Eragonsegg Fri 12-May-17 23:57:34

It got binned...pbp I think

SnapJack68 Sat 13-May-17 00:01:04

Ah I was thinking it looked like a pretty decent cake! My little one would have been happy with it haha

TheWayYouLookTonight Sat 13-May-17 00:05:33

I'm completely addicted. No DC! I'll just lurk my way through pretty much all the active topics (apart from the sponsored ones). I do have a kitty cat so will also generally visit the Litter Tray (which is how I found MN)

SugarnetMum Sat 13-May-17 00:08:21

I've only just realised the other threads like relationships, style and beauty, teenagers! In my absolute element everyday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now