Talk

Advanced search

For thinking this neighbour must be a MNer

(42 Posts)
newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 21:51:14

And am I wrong for having a little chuckle every time I walk past

FatOldBag Fri 12-May-17 21:58:19

It's a fucking bin! I was pissed off when a postman put a parcel in the bin once , but rubbish - that's literally what the fucking thing is for! Not sure if they're an MNer, but they might be a loon!

blerp Fri 12-May-17 22:00:07

Write a note that says "fair enough, sorry about that"

Screw it up and put it in their bin

Trunkisareshite Fri 12-May-17 22:15:33

Nah, if it was a mner it would have - do not put your rubbish in my bin you cunt' written on it.

MycatsaPirate Fri 12-May-17 22:18:24

I am disappointed. I thought you'd overheard your neighbour shouting at her DH that they need to get the washing in before it gets darked on.

sunnysouthend Fri 12-May-17 22:19:38

They're not a loon for wanting other people not to put rubbish into their domestic bin?!? I very much doubt they'd bother with the notes if it was just the odd crisp packet.

newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 22:25:07

That's what I thought FatOldBag we all pay council tax so what's the problem?

And that's brilliant blerp I might have to sneak it in though blush the lady at 216 is scary.

newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 22:28:11

Sorry to disappoint mycatsapirate and Trunkisareshite

caz323 Fri 12-May-17 22:30:57

Oh! I expected a slanging match over the fence with both of you claiming 'it's not me who's being U - it's you who's being totally U'. But it turns out to be a message on a bin. Nah, sorry, OP!

MangosAndPapayas Fri 12-May-17 22:33:22

Isn't a note like that a red rag to a bull?

If I lived there, I would create a small montage by hanging a piece of red rag out of the bin with a photo of a bull pinned to it (or even better a plastic bull). They probably wouldn't get it but my own wit would amuse me no end.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Fri 12-May-17 22:37:17

My neighbour put a huge bag of Chinese takeaway cartons in my wheelybin last week, so I hung them on her door (address on the receipt) and stuck a very polite note through asking her not to do it, complete with passive aggressive smiley face. Probably wouldnt have bothered, but it filled my bin up and I needed the space for my own rubbish, and it was ages until bin day.
Besides, it should have gone in recycling.

Hippee Fri 12-May-17 22:37:40

I leave my bin out all the time - I get less rubbish and fewer dog poo bags in the hedge if I do sad

newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 22:38:13

Sunnysouthend the bins recently get quite a lot of public rubbish but not so much that they overflow, well at least not our end of the road. I think the note is a bit extreme though regardless. It was already written in marker pen before they stuck the note on. And the writing is a bit psychotic with all the mixed lowercase and uppercase.

Mrsknackered Fri 12-May-17 22:38:14

I definitely thought she had offered you naice ham.

notbarry Fri 12-May-17 22:38:52

I have written that kind of note in the past blush . The council fined any overflowing bins, so neighbours would dump their bags in ours so they didn't get fined, leaving us with less room. It's really annoying!

aliasjoey Fri 12-May-17 22:43:05

Saw a note when out walking the dog:

Do NOT put any wine bottles in this bin!! We do not drink ANY alcohol!!

As if the bin lorries care what's in your bin 😀

newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 22:44:32

Hippee that sounds gross

tiggytape Fri 12-May-17 22:46:31

That's what I thought FatOldBag we all pay council tax so what's the problem?
It depends where you live.
In some areas, residents have a standard sized wheelie bin that's collected every week so a bit of extra rubbish isn't a big deal at all (assuming it's nothing yuk like nappies with no nappy bags). It's still a bit cheeky to do it without asking though.

However, in other areas it is more of a big deal because residents only get a small bin collected only once a fortnight (to encourage recycling) or a standard bin collected every 3 weeks. In those areas there is literally only just about enough room to squeeze in one household's rubbish if they are careful and recycle every item that you can.

So if someone sticks a bag of rubbish in there between collections, it forces the homeowner to go to the tip or risk the bin not being collected if the lid won't quite close. And if the neighbour puts the "wrong" kind of rubbish in the bin (eg cardboard items or tins) then council may refuse to collect the whole lot as it isn't properly sorted.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Fri 12-May-17 22:50:02

Tiggy - yep, I'm in one of those areas. Mini wheelybin and they won't collect if there's recyclable stuff in the bin. It's a real pain in the arse when you dont drive and can't get to the tip

clairethewitch70 Fri 12-May-17 22:52:07

If it was a MNer it would say

L.T.B

LEAVE THE BIN

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 12-May-17 22:53:04

Well if she is a MNer, she's going to be delighted when she sees you have gone to all the trouble of posting about her confused

newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 22:53:13

NotBarry our bin service is decent actually, we don't get fined for overflowing bins the bin men will sometimes leave an extra bin instead. A man comes before the truck too and moves the bins out past the curb and in between the parked cars and there's usually loads of space in the bins if you catch them at that point to chuck your extras in. I've been renovating my house and haven't had to hire a skip for our rubbish because I just catch the bin men every 2 weeks and they're all quite friendly.

MeadowDream Fri 12-May-17 22:53:30

When I was a teen I got told off by neighbours a few times for putting a crisp packet or similar in various bins as I walked past. I never understood it. It's a bin, that's what it's for!

shyturnip Fri 12-May-17 22:55:47

Or him livia smile

newdaddie Fri 12-May-17 22:57:59

Tiggy & sheraaaahhhh we get normal every two weeks. Some houses have 2 some have one. The only things that aren't allowed are bulk items, building waste unless you have a cheeky chat every week and let them use your loo, or soil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now