Talk

Advanced search

George teddy missing in mablethorpe!! Very sad little boy! (And mummy!)

(14 Posts)
fightoffyourdemons Fri 12-May-17 19:58:45

my little boy went to mablethorpe and stayed in a caravan last weekend and has lost his teddy he takes EVERYWHERE with him and has had since he was born!

It's a little George from peppa pig, everything we've done since last weekend he's been upset and sad because George is not there to share it with him! 😩 and if I'm being brutally honest I've shed a tear too, I've always said when it's time for him to give George up I want to keep him, for when he's older or for his kids, and it breaks my heart to see him so sad!

The woman who owns the caravan has been contacted but no news yet, it's not even definite that's where he left it.

So, 2 things I would like if possible,
1) a bit of a hand hold to make me feel a bit less ridiculous for getting upset over a tattered old stuffed toy! And
2) if anyone is going, has been to mablethorpe recently please be vigilant for a tattered old sad looking George pig teddy! 😭

Obviously I know it's not the worst thing in the world, and he will get over it, but I'd love to get him back and put him somewhere safe and see the joy in sons face when he sees him again!

OublietteBravo Fri 12-May-17 20:05:17

flowers I've been there - DS was distraught when he lost bear. This was just before Christmas. All he wanted from Santa was bear.

Miraculously I found a replacement on EBay. It was being sold by a former childminder, so was a bit loved and not too pristine. I managed to get it in time to wrap it up and put it in his stocking.

Replacement bear is still going strong 8 and a bit years later.

I hope George pig reappears.

DeeDooDee Fri 12-May-17 20:07:49

Have you posted on local Facebook pages etc.
Hope it turns up.

PeaFaceMcgee Fri 12-May-17 20:08:09

I hope he reappears or gets a replacement, but what do you mean by this please? Why would he have to give him up anyway at a certain age?

I've always said when it's time for him to give George up

IrregularCommentary Fri 12-May-17 20:11:15

Peaface pretty sure OP meant when her ds decides to give him up. Not many adults still carry their childhood teddy around...

Still, way to miss the point eh.

PeaFaceMcgee Fri 12-May-17 20:14:43

It's not clear she meant that at all actually. Did you not see the recent thread about a father who decided it was time for his son to give up his toy? Lots and lots of posters said they still slept with their childhood toy as teens and adults.

fightoffyourdemons Fri 12-May-17 20:22:11

Thanks, my back up plan is to buy a new one and basically spend a week battering the bejesus out of it until it resembles a 4 year old tatty teddy and hope ds doesn't notice the difference.

I asked him today if he wanted a new one and he said it wouldn't be the same and he wants his George back!

Honestly I've been a bit pathetic over it, I tear up every time I think of his poor George teddy somewhere in the world without him! 🙄

I haven't posted on fb, it's a long story why I haven't and I can't be bothered to get into it really, but it would cause friction with ex (DS's dad) if I did. Ex is going back to same caravan next weekend, so that's our last hope, after that if he hasn't showed up I will post on Facebook, but after 2 weeks I wouldn't hold out much hope! So I though in the mean time I could at least appeal to the mumsnetters of the world!

Yes I just meant when he didn't want to carry him around anymore he would be kept somewhere safe, he could have him til he's 50 for all I care but chances are he would outgrow him at some point!

DickHair73 Fri 12-May-17 20:27:58

Are you on Twitter? twitter.com/lostteddybear
Might be worth a look - and you can report your own missing fluffy creature.

Katedotness1963 Fri 12-May-17 20:34:57

I've come across a FB page for lost cuddly toys. I can't remember what it was called, let me have a look...

Katedotness1963 Fri 12-May-17 20:36:17

Well, there's this.

whiteboomerang.com/lostteddy/

fightoffyourdemons Fri 12-May-17 20:36:58

I'm not on twitter but my friend is, I'll see if she will post it for me, thanks

Didactylos Fri 12-May-17 20:40:52

I have a small (beanie baby size?) george pig with a dinosaur: will PM you a photo if you want and am happy to send on if its the right one
Know its not the same but its an offer if you dont get THE toy back

pickleypockley Fri 12-May-17 20:46:54

Even if you don't want to post on them keep an eye on the local pages to see if someone puts a found post up. I hope you get him back x

fightoffyourdemons Fri 12-May-17 21:04:25

Thanks katedotness I have posted an add on there!

Thank you** DIdactylos! That sounds like the same one, I think it's a 6" plush!

I've put some pics up, they're the only ones I've got! He used to have a dinosaur attached but he came off a while ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now