Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What exactly is the Conservative government doing or going to do, for the 'working classes'? What are their tangible, core policies, to benefit the average Joe & Jane?

(129 Posts)
MaggieLightBlue Fri 12-May-17 14:48:18

Just that

Jupitar Fri 12-May-17 14:51:23

Exactly the same as they've been doing for the past 7 years.

The80sweregreat Fri 12-May-17 14:52:48

Nothing, after 8th june it will be 'business as usual' i imagine.

araiwa Fri 12-May-17 14:52:49

bringing back foxhunting??

i got nothing

ShatnersWig Fri 12-May-17 14:53:32

Define "working class"

strawberrygate Fri 12-May-17 14:55:01

What's the unreasonable question?

Desperad0 Fri 12-May-17 14:56:55

YABU

PigletWasPoohsFriend Fri 12-May-17 14:58:18

Until the manifestos come out next week for all parties (not leaked drafts) then we won't know.

RoseGoldProsecco Fri 12-May-17 15:01:29

How is this an AIBU?

I know loads of questions aren't, but come on, there are shitloads of threads about the tory twats and the labour twats already, if you just want to debate it, can't you go on one of those?!

malificent7 Fri 12-May-17 15:10:05

Well i expect they are going to slash immigration so that those pesky foreigners cant take all the jobs!

malificent7 Fri 12-May-17 15:10:28

Im no Tory btw!

Ylvamoon Fri 12-May-17 15:14:20

Cut immigration, cut benefits, cut public spending, cut ... cut .... cut! In the hope, that this will result in a growing economy & everyone will be able to have a job and pay taxes to pay for fancy things like doctor appointment, kids school or decent roads (I live in pothole town...)

Misery aside, not much more/ less than in previous years. And I believe they will continue a system for a strong economy which will benefit everyone. Just hoping we get a strong opposition to keep them in check on the domestic side and keep us posted about their miss- doings!

PNGirl Fri 12-May-17 15:21:54

Depends who you think the "average" person is.

The "average" 60 year old is in quite a different place to the "average" 21 year old with different priorities.

The80sweregreat Fri 12-May-17 15:31:36

The Tories are only keen on the 'working class' when getting their votes.
The rest of the time they are a bit of a pain.

MaggieLightBlue Fri 12-May-17 16:12:56

I posted in AIBU for traffic.

This just confirms it to me, the Conservatives are wolves disguised as sheep.

OatcakeCravings Fri 12-May-17 16:14:37

I'm not sure why you think they are disguised as sheep. It's quite clear what they are doing!

MaggieLightBlue Fri 12-May-17 16:18:40

Which is what exactly?

MaggieLightBlue Fri 12-May-17 16:20:11

Tax breaks to the filthy rich.

Scrupulous cuts on the vulnerable.

fakenamefornow Fri 12-May-17 16:22:25

I would describe them as wolves in wolves clothing tbh.

MaggieLightBlue Fri 12-May-17 16:25:04

grin

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Fri 12-May-17 16:27:50

I hope that they will start to put an end to the nonsense I keep coming up against time and time again whereby my collegues with strapping 16 and 17 year old kids won't work a single hour over 16 hours because heaven forbid they should work for it when they can get it for free.

Which leaves the rest of us with non dependant children breaking our fucking backs working all the overtime (on minimum wage because, hey, don't matter what the tax credits people get paid coz it equals out in the end)

AlternativeTentacle Fri 12-May-17 16:29:54

Sheep?

ayyylmao Fri 12-May-17 16:30:20

Everything would get worse for everyone under Labour. You or I could write a wonderful manifesto which includes everyone and takes care of everything. They're living in a fantasy world. Schools, hospitals and GP surgeries are already bursting at the seams. The left love to call it a funding issue but it's a space issue. There are too many people in too many areas. There can only be so many doctors and nurses in a hospital. Unless there are empty wards all over the country because they can't afford beds which I'm unaware of.

Yeaa, benefits for everyone. Yeaa, we're gonna build 200,000 new homes a year. Yeaa, mass immigration. Woo. TAX THE RICH! The rich who already pay the large majority of taxes. FUCK THOSE GUYS!

How are you going to build the schools, hospitals and GP surgeries needed to sustain such ridiculous levels of immigration? How are you going to pay for extra emergency services? What impact will this have on public transport? The list goes on.

Problem is, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I legitimately worry for people who blindly follow Corbyn. He's a hippy idealist. I'm not going to pretend he's a bad person because he's not, but running a country based on emotion is a recipe for absolute disaster.

Anon213 Fri 12-May-17 16:31:46

Nation Living Wage, taking people out of tax, increased regulation in the energy market, getting the deficit down, a democratic say on the EU, more free child care, gay marriage, record employment, fixing the economy, they are a credible government, trident, Brexit, they are not JC, they fuel the aspiration to work, kept council tax down, helped pensioners, dont ask low earning students to repay their student loans, improved the education system ...

VerySadInside Fri 12-May-17 16:34:10

What exactly will labour do for the people actually paying into the system and holding the country up?

Take more of their money? Punish their children with more inheritance tax?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now