Talk

Advanced search

To help me with Polaroid style photo prints

(11 Posts)
digitdisaster Fri 12-May-17 10:22:04

Hello!
Any advice on how I get the square, white-framed Polaroid type photos from existing photos?

Is there a printer I can buy? Or can anyone recommend a company?

Some of the photos I will want printing will be digital and some will be old photos (which I'll have to take photos of I'm guessing).

Do I need to crop them to a square shape?

Thank you- Technophobe.

FairyDogMother11 Fri 12-May-17 10:25:43

I haven't used the site myself but my friend used this one https://square-snaps.com/polaroid-photo-prints.php to buy prints from.

FairyDogMother11 Fri 12-May-17 10:28:32

square-snaps.com/polaroid-photo-prints.php

digitdisaster Fri 12-May-17 10:34:16

Thank you. I'd be interested to see if there's a home printer too. Cheers for your help

Spam88 Fri 12-May-17 10:44:23

Plenty of websites do them if you google Polaroid style prints. Can't say I've heard of a home printing technique (although of course you could just crop them, add a suitable white border and print on photo paper, so they'd have the Polaroid style but not the bulk if you know what I mean?).

For your photos that you only have in hard copy, I'd recommend scanning them if you can. You'll get better quality that way that just taking a photo of them.

digitdisaster Fri 12-May-17 11:24:03

Thank you. Sounds like a lotta hard work doing them myself. wink

CinderellaRockefeller Fri 12-May-17 12:17:11

I use photobox.co.uk for lots of prints - they have a specific Polaroid style offer, which I haven't tried but I've had large prints from them before which have been very good and quick to deliver.

offblackeggshell Fri 12-May-17 12:20:11

I have one of these Impossible printer it takes the photos from a phone, and is cute though pricey - the paper is proper polaroid paper.

LucyAutumn Fri 12-May-17 12:54:47

Agree with PP, Impossible Project is your best bet for a great quality finish. Yes the printer is pricey but it's definitely worth it.

miniloco Fri 12-May-17 13:08:33

I got mine from asda online

Freshprincess Fri 12-May-17 13:10:50

I go some from Photobox. They look exactly like proper Polaroids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now