Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why some people are such utter shits

(11 Posts)
thesqueezedlemon Fri 12-May-17 01:25:47

I'll keep it brief. Certain 'supervisors' (I use the term lightly as they're not management, just glorified support staff /general dogs bodies who think they're something they're not.) Why are they utter shits. Some of them are lovely and I respect them and will go out of my way to make their job as easy as possible by doing my own to the best of my ability. Them there's others who seem to spend their day trying to make mine as shit as possible. Arranging timings so I have to do the shit jobs, lying to me about timeframes and schedules etc. I'm not imagining it. They seem to get a kick out of it even if it has a negative impact on productivity for the group of staff as a whole. Aswell as this I'll give an example of something that happened the other day. Someone who is the same level as me was helping the support staff by filling in for a few hours while one of them was off. I took the same length of break as everyone else. I return to the office and start working. 5 minutes later this thing starts asking me if there is a reason I was late back. I explained of been back 5 minutes and took only my scheduled break time. She was basically jumping up and down ready to burst with excitement. She insinuates I was lying and keeps repeating herself before pulling a weird face and walking off. She wasn't even there when I went for my break so how would she know anyway. She just kept chanting the time id apparently gone. Which was wrong. It really annoyed me. How dare she. All the while the smokers are going for 5 minutes every hour. She doesn't say anything to them because they're her friends.
It's people like this that make work almost unbearable. There's only one name for them. Little Hitler's.. .

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 12-May-17 01:29:37

Umm... okay. News flash - people are shits. Hopefully you feel better for the rant though

Justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 12-May-17 01:34:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 12-May-17 01:37:38

Ime most people are wankers. But then I'm cynical

The example you gave just sounds like one person behaving oddly though rather than being a shit

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 12-May-17 01:38:11

Did you name change?

Justalittlelemondrizzle Fri 12-May-17 01:43:26

I switched to the app and it reverted back to my old..old name hmm anything containing lemon is usually me though haha!

She is rather strange. She literally looked like she was going to burst with excitement when she confronted me. I was thought it was pretty sad at the time but it still made me mad.
The place is full of people like her though. They seem to go out of their way to male life hard for people. Unless you're their friend.

Devorak Fri 12-May-17 01:56:28

"5 minutes later this thing starts asking me if there is a reason I was late back."

'Thing?' hmm

"Little Hitler's.. ."

Well, genocide is definitely something HR would be interested in so you should mention it to someone.

BeeThirtythree Fri 12-May-17 01:59:45

Some people are just utter sh*ts! YANBU OP
All it takes is one to get you paranoid or ruin your day/work time. Killing it with kindness, showing you are not affected may work? Can you speak to HR and mention the cigarette breaks? If only there were chocolate breaks as frequent and without being questioned eh?!
Is there anything you can change long term...looking at other jobs? Just feeling you are doing something proactive sometimes helps me.
It is rant inducing when we all spend a majority of our day/night at work/talking about work it seems.
I hope you are able to resolve something to get some peace and enjoy work...in the meantime, hope the rant helped, glass of wine/bath/feet up time 💐

Frazzledmum123 Fri 12-May-17 03:03:13

Oh I totally know what you mean, I had one of these too for a while! Another team made several complaints (at the same time) about 'my work' and she called me in for a meeting - all the things they had complained about were dealt with by another team and nothing to do with me at all! When I pointed this out to her you could literally see the disappointment in her face that she had nothing to moan about against me. As my manager too she should have known that before even speaking to me!
I just took great pleasure in thinking how little self esteem she must have and how sad her life must be to want to try and make mine bad. She looked an idiot in the end, they usually do at some point!! flowers

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 12-May-17 03:12:43

I had one of these. So I made friends with her. She was insecure, had been promoted beyond her abilities, was deeply worried everyone knew and acted like an arsehole.

I had extremely good boundaries at work, kept my cool, never lost my temper and she moved onto other people.

She was bloody awful to some people.

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 12-May-17 03:47:57

Most people are not shits ime. They keep their heads down, do their work and appreciate that other people are trying to do the same.

However one shit in an office can cause enough problems for it to feel like they are everywhere. They always have a comment to make, always have an opion and something to moan at you about.

I remember once I lost my rag with someone at work. The reason I lost my rag was justifiable, the way I lost my rag wasnt. The next day I was called in by my "shit" and I can totally relate to the look of excitement, she had that. She mentioned the incident and I just said that I was sorry for my reaction, that I had acted completely inappropriately (I had) and that I would appreciate the opportunity to apologise in person to the person I had blown off at. She was gutted. You could see it! She wanted me to kick off and be outraged and I totally took the wind out of her sails. I spoke to the kick offee (!) who then apologised to me for a) what she had done for me to be pissed off and b) for the fact that I had been hauled in for what was, in her opinion, a wee spat that we could have sorted out between ourselves.

It wasnt until I was telling my dad about it later that he pointed out to me that the plan was to "take me down" and that I had spoiled her fun. She was a fucking nightmare boss, have posted about her on here before, and sadly she never did have her fall from grace. Some people are just charmed (or charming to the right people so they get away with it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now