Talk

Advanced search

I made an punctuation error, my bos...

(21 Posts)
Nickynackynoodle Thu 11-May-17 21:46:10

Forgot about an entire project I've briefed him on TWICE.

My boss said he was horrified by my mistake (he said "I'm horrified by your grammar) which was admittedly bad. I used a possessive apostrophe incorrectly in a draft submission which I'm annoyed about but surely that's not worse than forgetting about an entire work strand. Especially when you've sat in on a brief about it on the same fucking day.

Can you tell I'm cross? It was a draft fucking paper.

AIBU to think he's a twat?

Nickynackynoodle Thu 11-May-17 21:46:50

And ironically spelling, punctuation and grammar has all gone wrong in the OP. wine

Kokusai Thu 11-May-17 21:48:33

He's a twat. You have my commiserations OP! Have wine.

DancingLedge Thu 11-May-17 21:53:24

winegin

Is it very boring of me to note that he forgot an entire project?
And you forgot one apostrophe?
Coincidence? Or not?

Ifkip Thu 11-May-17 21:53:43

Completely uncalled for. Have a glass of wine and ignore. Are you in the civil service by any chance?

DancingLedge Thu 11-May-17 21:59:48

YANBU. He's defo a twat.

Nickynackynoodle Thu 11-May-17 22:04:51

Dancing & ifkip wine wine

Nickynackynoodle Thu 11-May-17 22:05:35

kokusai you know, I kind of wish I was surprised by him... I'm not.

QuackDuckQuack Thu 11-May-17 22:17:25

That would massively piss me off.

Tazerface Thu 11-May-17 22:21:23

I would have this face confused if my boss said that to me. But, he's not an arsehole grin

How did you respond OP? DId you tell him that that is what DRAFT means? Is he a complete imbecile?

fourquenelles Thu 11-May-17 22:23:09

Have a look at "Blemish" a transactional analysis game mentioned in Games People Play by Eric Berne. You've been played sad

Nickynackynoodle Thu 11-May-17 22:23:35

He is an imbecile. I did point out it was a draft and that there were bigger issues than an apostrophe and that if that was the only input he had then I might have wasted my time discussing it with him.

Then when I mentioned the project and he said "what project?" I actually banged my head off his desk. So I hope that got the point across...

Nickynackynoodle Thu 11-May-17 22:25:43

Really interesting four thank you (and sad )

scoobydoo1971 Thu 11-May-17 22:41:46

Tell him you are diagnosed dyslexic...and he is being discriminatory under the Equality Act 2010...that might make him break into a compensation-claim sweat for a bit.

We all make typo's and grammar errors...English is a tricky language...hardly the crime of the century! Just think it is 'his' problem, not yours.

Witchend Thu 11-May-17 22:47:55

He is an imbecile. I did point out it was a draft and that there were bigger issues than an apostrophe and that if that was the only input he had then I might have wasted my time discussing it with him.
I would have thought that was a pretty unwise thing to say to a boss who was already tetchy with you.

DancingLedge Thu 11-May-17 23:13:08

Really banged your head on his desk*nickynacky*? Kudos. Wish I'd been there to see that.

Snapzilla58 Fri 12-May-17 00:20:18

typo's grin

Nickynackynoodle Fri 12-May-17 17:06:53

Genuinely banged my head on his desk and said "we've had this conversation already today". I couldn't help myself.

Nickynackynoodle Fri 12-May-17 17:07:15

I was sitting down btw

DancingLedge Fri 12-May-17 18:37:40

For that noble head banging action in the face of twattery ,nickynacky , I hereby award you joint Hero of the Weekstar. I would love to have seen that. How did the twat react?

Your fellow hero is Spuddington, who has also had to suffer a serious twat this week.

My hunch is you might possibly enjoy the pages of increasingly inventive insults on their thread.
(Buyer pulled out on day of exchange. Can't breathe.) Sorry, can't link from this semi-useless device

Nickynackynoodle Fri 12-May-17 18:40:38

Will head over!

He had the good grace to turn red of cheek and made several excuses about why he was so distracted.

Gah. Two weeks away from site now so I will recover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now