Talk

Advanced search

Personal Questions.

(22 Posts)
StillDrivingMeBonkers Thu 11-May-17 21:33:53

I suppose it goes with the territory, but perpetually asking Theresa May how she feels about not being able to have children is a tad intrusive .....

AIBU to wonder if any journo will have the balls to ask Corbyn why he's had three wives.

newdaddie Thu 11-May-17 21:39:00

If it sold papers or generated clicks probably.

Sleepdeprivedredhead Thu 11-May-17 21:40:16

I'd love one of those horrid nosey bastard journalists to get a MN "fuck off to the far side of fuck" type response. I'll never vote TM. But they set my eyes rolling on that crappiness.

isupposeitsverynice Thu 11-May-17 21:41:21

It annoys the shit out of me, that, because I don't want to have compassionate feelings for Theresa bloody May, but she's said time and time again she couldn't have children and it was sad for her, and it's outrageous that it keeps coming up.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 11-May-17 21:43:31

I was always brought up to believe. Its rude to ask personal questions.
Its insensitive to put people on the spot, as They don't always want to share things.
I'm no friend of Theresa May and I don't suppose she'd be my greatest fan either, but That was way out of line bringing up such an upsetting matter.

BackforGood Thu 11-May-17 21:49:01

YANBU at all.
Someone's private life is nothing to do with me, and nothing to do with how they do the job.

newdaddie Thu 11-May-17 21:50:06

I don't have any compassionate feelings for Theresa May or her party either but I do respect her as a professional and leader. I've been avoiding political news so I haven't seen the personal questions. But it does seem sinister odd.

RedheadLover Thu 11-May-17 21:51:20

I think it's sexist, to be honest.

Ravenblack Thu 11-May-17 21:53:24

Disgusting attitude IMO. No 'journalist' would have asked a man this. Horrible little bastard. angry

Pigface1 Thu 11-May-17 21:54:42

It's absolutely outrageous. I've not got much love for her but seriously - she's repeatedly said that she couldn't have children and that it was sad for her. Why on earth do journalists keep bringing something so deeply personal and sad up?

As you say, I've not seen JC questioned on why he's had 3 wives or why the latest one is more than 20 years younger than him.

centreyourself Thu 11-May-17 21:58:47

isuppose I agree with you.
She can't win. If she'd said she didn't want children people would be asking her 'why' and so on. She'd be labelled 'unnatural' a hard-faced ***, etc.

I'd be interested to know what anyone who speaks German/follows the German media knows about Angela Metkel's experience of this.

It is sickening. We do not wasn't it.

newdaddie Thu 11-May-17 22:06:18

It is definitely sexist. She's a successful and prominent woman and it's an attack on her femininity to make her appear different to other women, so little girls don't think they can grow up to be like her. This is why I avoid a lot of the current affairs news in the mainstream press.

Instasista Thu 11-May-17 22:10:39

William Hauge managed to go any years without talking about his similar problems

DrDreReturns Thu 11-May-17 22:20:48

Who asked the question?

newtlover Thu 11-May-17 22:24:52

yes, who asked? I have never heard of this and I listen to the news pretty constantly
references please

Kittencatkins123 Thu 11-May-17 22:36:54

I was asked this the other night by my BFs brothers partner. I honestly felt slightly shocked (BF wasn't there) as it's so personal, and was only the second time I'd met her. Appreciate she has kids etc, I just think it's quite a personal one.

I'm quite ye olde and not sure whether I can have kids or would be able to whenever we get to the point of trying if we ever do (has only been 6 months!)

So yeah - I think this is shitty even though I have zero time for this woman on any level.

StillDrivingMeBonkers Thu 11-May-17 22:43:07

William Hauge managed to go any years without talking about his similar problems

He had to make a statement a few years back as the gossip was doing the rounds he was a homosexual and it was a sham marriage. Very hurtful for his wife as it is her that is infertile.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1310914/William-Hagues-wife-Ffion-joins-public-time-furore-special-adviser.html

Littlecaf Thu 11-May-17 22:45:55

If they are going to ask TM about the children issue, then they need to ask Corbyn personal questions too. I think it's kinda refreshing that neither are cookie cutter families (a la the Blairs or Camerons) who loved to pose all Dew eyed and sleeves rolled up hard working Dad like, mucking in with the dishes and bedtime routines, while we all knew they had nannies. (As there wives both had careers too).

Littlecaf Thu 11-May-17 22:47:10

Ps nothing wrong with nannies just don't make out like you do it all yourself.

Janey50 Fri 12-May-17 19:11:46

Going off topic slightly,but she was saying on LBC about her 'heartbreak at not being able to have children'. I am sure I read a few months ago somewhere that she said she and her husband had 'made a conscious decision not to have children'. So which is it?confused

Wifeofapostie Fri 12-May-17 20:25:15

Janey50.... it's non of our business

Janey50 Fri 12-May-17 20:29:04

Yes you're right *Wifeofapostie'. But I just thought that it was a bit odd giving contradictory stories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now