Talk

Advanced search

to ask you....what do you do for you?

(85 Posts)
Bigglassofwineplease Thu 11-May-17 19:45:11

In my mad life of looking after everyone...I am trying to find time for me. Kids....family....partner....I am lucky and love my role but the days turn into weeks and the weeks into months and I feel like I am on a hamster wheel. What do you do to for you? Am trying to get inspired in finding moments I can call my own and feel a little more self fulfilled.

arethereanyleftatall Thu 11-May-17 19:47:30

I do a lot of sport. I have massages. I go out for food with friends.

happypoobum Thu 11-May-17 19:49:06

I go away by myself on little holidays grin

I meditate for at least an hour every weekend.

massistar Thu 11-May-17 19:49:53

Sport. I play netball twice a week. It's my me time.

Ecureuil Thu 11-May-17 19:50:08

Following with interest!

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 11-May-17 19:51:00

Candle lit bath once a week is as good as it gets for me time. .

Bigglassofwineplease Thu 11-May-17 19:51:35

I go to the gym for 1 hour a week. That's all I can manage but the feeling I get afterwards is empowering. Need that feeling a lot more....

Screwinthetuna Thu 11-May-17 19:52:36

Honestly, not a lot. I'm a SAHM so I don't have a fulfilling job for myself. I read, I watch series on tv, I go on walks. The old me would paint and play guitar and write a blog and do her nails and drink with friends but the new me is too tied for any of that nonsense ;) Oh and I eat nice food, does that count? wink

ashtrayheart Thu 11-May-17 19:52:38

I do my OU studying (which I moan about sometimes but it is intimately for me!) and I draw/paint.

ashtrayheart Thu 11-May-17 19:52:53

Ultimately not intimately blush

Bigglassofwineplease Thu 11-May-17 19:52:54

Ooo a candle lit bath. The problem with that is that dp might get the wrong idea and not leave me alone which totally defeats the object!!

whowouldknow Thu 11-May-17 19:53:01

I go to two classes a week-takes 1hr30mins each. I get guilt treatment EVERY FUCKING WEEK -but I'm determined! It makes me feel great and I need to lose some weight. I don't think its too much and I take think its important for me.

Shockedwife Thu 11-May-17 19:53:11

I wash dry and straighten my ridiculously long because I have no shutting time or money to get it cut hair whilst DH entertains DD 4 mts

60sname Thu 11-May-17 19:53:17

My job ok it pays half the mortgage as well

CheepAndOrm Thu 11-May-17 19:53:26

For me, i do nothing.
That's a lie. I do things with the kids. Them being happy makes me happy.

(Cheesy but true)

Mothervulva Thu 11-May-17 19:53:47

I go to the gym/yoga 3 times a week.
Go out with friends once a week.
Go away with friends for a weekend once a year.

OSETmum Thu 11-May-17 19:54:10

I do Insanity (the workout DVD) and run. That's it really but I'm trying to take a bit more time to look after myself e.g. Paint my nails, straighten my hair etc

ZilphasHatpin Thu 11-May-17 19:54:55

I eat a lot of chocolate.

MrsMotherHen Thu 11-May-17 19:56:54

not alot 🤔 Does a bath count? I can't remember the last time I went out without a toddler attached to my leg.

Bigglassofwineplease Thu 11-May-17 19:59:08

When I bake...I eat it...then I go to the gym...then I feel good....then I bake the following day (only simple things for the kids)...then I eat it again...but the gym sesh is a week away! I work too....it just feels like I am in my body but living a life to make sure everyone else is ok...without making sure I am.....maybe it's because I've been doing it for 17 years....worried I may burn myself out if I don't make that time for me.

delilahbucket Thu 11-May-17 19:59:56

I sing in a choir and we do lots of performances. I go to pilates once a week. That's about it.

Bigglassofwineplease Thu 11-May-17 20:00:49

Oh, chocolate. I have just discovered the milk almond one from Lidl. I ate the whole bar during 3 work emails the other day 🙄

spectacularvelvet Thu 11-May-17 20:00:57

Tomorrow I'm taking a sickie and am going to read-all day-in peace and quiet

StillDrivingMeBonkers Thu 11-May-17 20:02:35

I go to the gym for an hour every week night after work, and I walk 30 min each way. At weekends I go to the gym in the morning and walk for a further 4 hours each day. Sunday afternoon I have a rock salt bath for an hour or so. Then there are incidentals like hair dressers and pedicures.

Bigglassofwineplease Thu 11-May-17 20:03:24

Sickie 😁...love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now