Talk

Advanced search

To think Norman Price from Fireman Sam is a very naughty boy

(48 Posts)
Aeroflotgirl Thu 11-May-17 19:04:34

Come on, he's responsible for most of the Fires in Pontypandy. Most of them, can be dealt without a Fireperson, what a waste of resources. But it does give them something to do, as they are just sitting about twiddling their thumbs waiting for a call.

insancerre Thu 11-May-17 19:08:32

That's why they call him naughty norman price
At least they used to when my ds used to watch it
Mind, he is 27 now, so its been a while

tissuesosoft Thu 11-May-17 19:09:42

His mother is definitely PFB about him

clippityclock Thu 11-May-17 19:10:37

What pissed me off the most is that they made the only naughty child ginger and from a single parent household!!! Think I'm right about that!

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 11-May-17 19:10:40

Why hasn't heard got an ASBO?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 11-May-17 19:10:45

Naughty Norman keeps the Ponty Pandy fire brigade in a job.

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 11-May-17 19:10:48

He

watchoutformybutt Thu 11-May-17 19:10:49

He's a total arsehole. "But Mam!" Fuck off Norman.

Diamonddealeroncemore Thu 11-May-17 19:11:46

Known in our house as 'the only pyromaniac in the village'

LadyFuchsiaGroan Thu 11-May-17 19:12:24

Norman, your more trouble than a monkey on a moped grin I absolutely love that line from Fireman Sam

grasspigeons Thu 11-May-17 19:14:13

I feel sorry for him. Clearly fire man Sam is his real father (look at the hair) and has turned his back on him to be a 'hero'. Norman seems to be acting up to get attention.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 11-May-17 19:15:09

I know he does, without Norman, the Fire service of Pontypandy would not know what to do. He's always up to Mischief. My son who is 5 loves it, and sometimes I watch it with him.

MuchBenham Thu 11-May-17 19:16:41

He's really annoying in the "new" episodes, but in the stop motion ones from the 90s/00s he is great. In fact they are all so annoying in the CGI version. There was a funny article in the Guardian about Fireman Sam once, saying that Sam was basically like a stripper dressed as a fireman, and why does he get all the credit for saving Pontypandy when Penny, Elvis etc did just as much work?
And I also want to know: why is Pontypandy now by the sea?! hmm I've definitely watched too much Fireman Sam

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 11-May-17 19:17:20

I love watching fireman Sam. grin

EB123 Thu 11-May-17 19:19:08

He is so naughty! There is one book where he purposely gets a group of them stuck at the top of the lighthouse, I have read this book so many times over the last few times and it still annoys me that he does that.

MuchBenham Thu 11-May-17 19:30:47

Yes that lighthouse one EB! So annoying! But there is a lovely old Christmas episode where Pontypandy is cut off by a snowstorm, and Norman goes off on his sledge to get the town a Christmas tree. He does get into trouble with Dilys (for going off alone - and without a vest!) but comes back with a tree and they put it up in the centre of the town. Then it ends with all the Pontypandy Christmas lights twinkling on Christmas Eve, it's very sweet.

MrsMoastyToasty Thu 11-May-17 19:33:07

Building and contents insurance rates must be sky high in Pontypandy.

FunkinEll Thu 11-May-17 19:34:28

He always was even in the old school FS days. A bad, bad boy and his mother is bloody useless.

wickerlampshade Thu 11-May-17 19:36:41

In the new ones his mother is quite sexually predatory towards Trevor. It's very funny.

Vroomster Thu 11-May-17 19:38:28

Without Norman that service would get decommissioned.

FlaviaAlbia Thu 11-May-17 19:40:15

YANBU Someone on here had a theory that Station Officer Steel was both fireman Sam and Naorman's father.

I like that idea. One son is an arsonist, the other is a firefigher...

Rinoachicken Thu 11-May-17 20:15:56

YANBU, however he is a child after all so has SOME excuse.

Mrs Chen on the other hand has to be the most reckless and irresponsible teacher on the planet - I don't know how she hasn't been fired and her daughter removed by now - she entrusts her preschool daughter to other young children to care for (with predictable results), her daughter has been stranded on a beach, lost on a mountain, she has endangered a whole bus of school kids by stealing a bus (and driving it without insurance), had another school child fall down a mine...the list goes on!!

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Thu 11-May-17 20:27:46

grasspigeons that's the theory in my house as well!

Jellyhanging555 Thu 11-May-17 20:33:42

These are my favourite threads! This week has been an good 'un with ITNG last night and fireman Sam tonight! Can anyone start a paw patrol /postman pat/ bob thread and my weekend will be complete?

Aeroflotgirl Thu 11-May-17 21:40:39

God his mothers in affective discipline, good as a chocolate fireguard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now