Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone else is doing Ride to the Wall this year?

(14 Posts)
MycatsaPirate Thu 11-May-17 19:04:10

We did it in 2012 but dp had a bad accident in 2013 which has meant no bike and no money.

But we are back this year and so excited! Our wristbands and pin badges arrived in the post today. I can't wait!

For those that don't know what it is, here's the website

www.rttw.org/

Would love to speak to anyone else going. We are leaving from Cherwell Valley again, our nearest meeting point. My dream is to leave from Drayton Manor but this was sold out in a few hours this year.

MycatsaPirate Fri 12-May-17 09:28:29

Just us then? grin

If you live near the NMA then take the dc out onto the bridges on 7th October to see all the motorbikes. Give us a wave, we all wave back smile

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 12-May-17 10:03:49

Sadly no. Bike needs carbs doing so it's off the road until I can afford it. Are you meeting up with any groups along the way? There's usually plenty of them planning it.

iamaLeafontheWind Fri 12-May-17 10:49:50

I might if I can get organised. A load of my group are going. Even if I don't go I like spotting people on the road with their Rttw flashes

MycatsaPirate Fri 12-May-17 11:58:47

We are going with the Cherwell Valley lot. One of the meeting points. I think it's the one furthest south. I've missed going. I have been seeing all the posts on fb every year and watching the videos and just feeling very jealous!

Can't you catch a pillion ride from someone if your bike is off the road?

OdinsLoveChild Fri 12-May-17 12:00:56

I live about 2 miles from the wall. I will drag the kids out to wave at you all. My bikes off the road this year due to a very severe drought at the bank confused Plus its not much of a ride for me wink

MycatsaPirate Fri 12-May-17 12:03:59

No, 2 miles is not much of a ride but it's such an amazing atmosphere there. If I lived closer I would have been on the bridges waving for the last three years instead of being sat at home feeling depressed about our lack of bike.

We pick it up this afternoon. DD2 is going to the cinema with her friend tomorrow so we are planning (weather permitting) to get out on it for a few hours. I am hugely excited!!

OdinsLoveChild Fri 12-May-17 12:07:54

MycatsaPirate I am insanely jealous......no biking for me this year sad

Pantah630 Fri 12-May-17 12:43:15

Never done that one, I did the first ring of red though and have many, many mag demos/charity rides under my belt. I can't stand riding in large groups any more, I ride all year round and the standard of riding really bugs me now so I do my own thing. old bag alert

MycatsaPirate Fri 12-May-17 18:04:17

It's home!!

TheMogget Fri 12-May-17 20:20:09

We live really close and come and wave every year smile

MycatsaPirate Fri 12-May-17 21:54:29

We shall give you a wave then Mogget

judgymoo Sat 13-May-17 00:04:19

Yes we'll be going!

MycatsaPirate Sat 13-May-17 09:48:14

Oh Yay! Where are you leaving from Judgy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now